They don't care how much they send...

What matters is that they send something. 

I was trying to explain that the receiver would get much more through transferwise than a bank transfer, but it was in one ear and out the other. Finally said "I don't really care. Too complicated". 

That indifference sorta shocked me. So I say, "you are losing money unnecessarily". They just smiled and said "I don't have money anyway".

So I give an example, "if you send 1000 and the reciver gets 2000, vs if you send 1000 the receiver gets 3000, which one is better?" Again a smile and more shock when they say "I don't care as long as I can just send money." 

I've noticed the same mentality with others as well. 

Is this a common attitude, or is this just certain cases? 

Mind you, this is not my money or anyone else's. This is their own hard earned money. Even though I'm sure the attitude is similar even when it's not their money. 

• Confused 3

The OP is making the correct point that people throw money away because they think the small change difference doesnt matter.

The same as someone who leaves 20 Baht tip per bar, 5 times a night and suddenly realises that over the course of a month they've left nearly £80 in tips

All the small bits certainly add up.