What happened to Regency

elcaro

7 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Will keep track of this thread. There is still plenty up here in the mum & pop shops, have not checked at 7/11. An alternative is Meridian, a bit cheaper but still drinkable.

How is that for hangover. Regency I have 0 headaches.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 2:43 PM, elcaro said:

Now the big C has stopped selling it, many small shops stopped selling it and my local upped the price from like 260 to 340?

Sounds familiar, from when good old Mekong should be upgraded from cheap Thai rum to a more high-end brand; same product, higher price = same-same but different...????

Apparently there is an issue with stock. Lawyer is unable to confirm or dismiss the issue. Minimum price found for small bottle is 300thb and 580 for big bottle. 

I am going to hammer some other drinks and see how they interact with my system

Starting with meridian

Edited by elcaro

• 2 weeks later...

Meridian is made from pineapples.  Pineapples!!!  https://meridianbrandy.com/brandy/

FINE SELECTION OF EXCEPTIONAL INGREDIENTS

Produced from Pattawia pineapples grown in Prachuap Kiri Khan Province—Thailand’s most famous pineapple-growing region—MERIDIAN V.S.O.P. stands proudly as one of the finest pineapple brandy’s in the world. Pattawia pineapples are juicy, sweet, and slightly sour, with golden flesh and a pleasant aroma. MERIDIAN V.S.O.P. combines these succulent Pattawia pineapples with top-quality grapes to create an exceptionally complex flavor.

Edited by ricklev

On 11/28/2019 at 8:36 AM, IAMHERE said:

Getting harder to come by here in Pattaya area since early summer. Usually convenience store (all 8 in walking distance) is out of stock for a couple weeks at a time, when they do get it some people buy 6 bottles at a time so they are soon out of stock again. The price at 7/11 is 243 up from 240; liquor store is up from 280 to 320 a bottle (pint), they do have some ordinarily. 

I hardly drink it but the GF does; I think mostly so she gets face from not  drinking Som Sang. But she enjoys Som Sang a couple days after the Regency is gone. 

Sang Som ;

• 3 weeks later...

Sister of GF requested some Regency be brought to isaan.     Is meridian  an equal.  I'm not a brandy fan.  I'm wondering what would be better than Regency?  I'm more a Kentucky bourbon guy.   No  scotch for me. Yuk. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

7-11 restricts sales to 1 bottle.  I'm wondering if maybe Regency is used on one of those drug concoction drinks the delinquent kids like to mix up?  Like Regency, light bulb powder, cough syrup and Xanax......

image.thumb.png.408d1b21eb8eba6ecf9591566447ef11.png