motorbike licence pattaya

parafareno

Usually done in a morning, at worst a full day, although you need to get a bit of paperwork ahead of time. A residence cert and medical certificate. If your licence has English on it, making it clear you are qualified to drive what, no actual driving test required.

18 hours ago, parafareno said:

I have european drivers licence

From what country? In what language(s)?

Post #347 from above thread might be interesting for you?

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/633320-requirements-for-obtaining-and-renewing-a-2-year-driving-licence/?do=findComment&comment=14715837

On what type of visa or extension do you live here?

18 hours ago, parafareno said:

or do I have to do it from scratch?

If they harass you with too much paperwork then doing from scratch is not a bad option. Theory test in English is doable (some swatting recommended).

"Driving test" is a laughing matter, circling on a traffic kindergarten at the office yard.

Did that in 2015 (not in Pattaya).

On 11/27/2019 at 1:10 AM, parafareno said:

how long will it take? 

I have european drivers licence for big motorbike and for cars...will that come any good?

or do I have to do it from scratch?

Does you European license clearly state car and motorcycle ?  If it does (my US license had an endorsement for "motorcycle") then you won't have to take the motorcycle driving test, just the computer knowledge test

23 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

then you won't have to take the motorcycle driving test, just the computer knowledge test

If he has a motorcycle licence from his home country...then the only tests  required are  eyesight and reaction tests...no computer theory or  on track practical tests.

19 hours ago, parafareno said:

where to go

Here is the "Pattaya  DLT" 

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9687075,100.9718428,3a,75y,158.49h,83.54t/data=!3m9!1e1!3m7!1sK6hGqktOK4pbZHB_26W_1w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i47

That's where you go to get your Thai licence..after you got a medical certificate from any clinic

( no need to go to a hospital) and residence certificate from Jomtien immigration.

40 minutes ago, parafareno said:

how long is thai licence valid?

what tests do in need to do in clinic?

On first application you get a 2 year temporary driving license (renewal will be for 5 years).

Tests? Go to any road side clinic (Soi Buakhao?).

Test will either be whether you can stand upright on your feet or if the doctor has ambitions he/she will check blood-pressure and use a stethoscope to hear your lungs rattle :cheesy:

On two occasions the doctor didn't even care to see me.

The assistant filled the form went to doctors room and came back with the certificate.

Med. cert. costs some 100 Baht +/- something.

39 minutes ago, parafareno said:

how long is thai licence valid?

what tests do in need to do in clinic?

First licence is a "temporary" one valid for 2 years.

...normally if you are alive at the clinic they will give you a certificate ???? but they might check your blood pressure.

edit____ ohh I see @KhunBENQ  beat me to it

You should have no problems obtaining the medical certificate as long as you actually walk into the clinic breathing !

Residency certificate at Jomtien is easy ( 300 baht 30 mins)  but they may ask to see a TM30  (report of address document) some landlords are reluctant to  have tenants get this document in case the government finds out they are renting out properties without paying taxes etc,  if you have a good landlord then there should be no problems.

Eye sight is tested at the DLT....they test for colour blindness, peripheral vision and depth perception

Archived