Punch-up On Soi Buakhao...near Soi Diana...........

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya People: March 29th 2007

The Hot-Tempered Ukrainian

Pattaya police were notified about a fight between two foreigners in Soi Buakhao – near Soi Diana on 29th March.

At the scene the police found the attacker Mr. Atu, aged 25, from Ukraine, so detained him first. The police then assisted the injured Mr. Franco Nerisio, aged 62, an Italian, who was wounded in the face and had a severe nose-bleed. This man was taken to the hospital straight away.

The Ukrainian, Atu stated that he was driving his motorbike around sightseeing and stopped at bars to drink. When he passed through Soi Buakhao, the Italian swore at him for bad driving. At first he didn’t care but the man continued yelling at him so he got very angry. He couldn’t control his temper so parked his bike and punched the man numerous times until he fell down.

The police detained Atu until Mr. Nerisio recovers so that they can negotiate and make an agreement over medical costs etc.

The Ukrainian, Atu stated that he was driving his motorbike around sightseeing and stopped at bars to drink
So you were riding your bike drunk!
When he passed through Soi Buakhao, the Italian swore at him for bad driving

badly!

He couldn’t control his temper so parked his bike and punched the man numerous times until he fell down

you can't handle your grog and turn into a cowardly bully after a skinfull !!!

Anywhere else in the world this <deleted> would be banged up due to his full confession, here it's just another day in paradise.

The police detained Atu until Mr. Nerisio recovers so that they can negotiate and make an agreement over medical costs etc.

This is the third news report I've read today that makes reference to detaining folks until they make restitution to their victims (the other two were accidents: a drunk farang on a motorbike on Beach Road, and the other a Thai motorist running a red light and crashing at Sukhumvit & Soi Chaiypruek), with no mention of any arrest.

Is the arrest part of the story just not being mentioned, or are we experiencing a "kinder gentler" version of policing?

This is the third news report I've read today that makes reference to detaining folks until they make restitution to their victims (the other two were accidents: a drunk farang on a motorbike on Beach Road, and the other a Thai motorist running a red light and crashing at Sukhumvit & Soi Chaiypruek), with no mention of any arrest.

Is the arrest part of the story just not being mentioned, or are we experiencing a "kinder gentler" version of policing?

The cops frequently get a piece of the action so they're often inclined to restitution rather than arrest.

The cops frequently get a piece of the action so they're often inclined to restitution rather than arrest.

Exactly - a guy grabbed my on wife on the street and at the police station the policeman asked me how much my wife wanted. She said nothing so the policeman took me aside and said to me your wife does not understand - whatever she want the police get the same for the time and effort they have gone to!