Five immigration officers swoop! German on five day overstay arrested outside Pattaya hotel

webfact

7 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

I agree..it is the only appropriate punisment.

As he karks it he can gasp..

"i am Spartacus on a five day overstay!"

(would you believe that I once could have put that in Latin?)

The fact that a a nation's newspaper could put this on a front page is beyond fathomable..

HEY...Spartacus is in the US senate...Keep your Spartacus' straight...

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chazar said:

Lucky you hadnt  tried to live there for 15 years , raised a and supported a  family,  bought a house or  condo invested  millions and then were told  .sorry you dont have 40-65k a month letter even though you could show  the money in a  bank some other  place and for the last 15 years it  had been fine etc

And Dear leader worries about image...Hmm..

Five days, and it is news? While I don't condone to breaking the law even for a day but...

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Naew Na urged the public to continue making calls to the immigration police on 1178. 

Correction: Naew Na urged the public to continue heightening the xenophobia, while enhancing the back-stabbing culture, currently gripping Thailand.

My conclusion is arresting a man on 5 days over stay is solely for the purpose of keeping Thai visa members entertained or they are getting kick backs from Vietnam's version of TAT. This government has not a clue how to govern. Destroying livelihoods of those in tourist industry. 

9 hours ago, Yinn said:

Not important news for Thai people. 

Only report in Naew Na news. Always report this story, maybe have friend/owner at Immigation office.

Not report other place.

No. But this site called “thai Visa”. 

Is for foreigner talk about the visa. So it is news for thaivisa reader. 

Is a story about what will happen if you not have a visa.

thai people not care about this news. 

Justget the visa. If have a visa no problem. 38,999,500 foreign tourist not have the problem.

If not have, will have problem. Immigration police just do the job.

You say you will leave Thailand.

You go already?

This post is magic, but 'Not a lot'.

7 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I'm not defending overstayers, but I can imagine for five days, there's a chance he just forgot his departure date if he was on holiday having a good time.

That's not very responsible I know, but some might possibly forget by a couple of days or so.

Good point but ignorance of the law is never a defense.  

I do understand the apparent pettiness in this situation but what if he wasn't nabbed after five days and those five days turned into five years.  The commentary here wouldn't be quite as forgiving?  

6 hours ago, Yinn said:

Yes, I applied and PAID for Australian visa. I want to go 3 weeks, they make me pay 3 months. Must gothe Australian embassy, waste my time.

Same same Thailand  I want to come 35 days but I have to PAY for make Tourist visa 60 days ???? 

9 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

You break the law of you go, goodbye.

Fine, I wait with glee for the day YOU break the law, even inadvertently. Maybe drive one MPH over the speed limit, or breach some minor ordinance, or something as trivial as that.

It is easy to do, and I hope the day comes that when you do, there is someone ready to dial 1178 and we see you in a blurred out pic in this pointless, nasty, Naew Na rag.

Will you pack your own bags and deport yourself I wonder? Maybe you'd best review your time in Thailand right now and make sure you have never broken the speed limit or had a drink after hours in that time and deport yourself in disgust and shame after making a grovelling apology to the Thai Nation.

They were sent into action by the chief of Chonburi immigration Pol Col Samphan Leuangsajjakun who in turn was acting under orders from national immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong "Big Oud" Chingduang, said Naew Na. 

Overstayers are definatly creating a lot of employment for immigration officers.  I am surprised that Prayuth was not directly involved.

I wish to heap praise on the 5 officers that swooped in courageously and apprehended this criminal.  I wonder that they were not all dressed in full tactical SWAT gear!

Thailand never ceases to amaze me~

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

i angry because Patong sex worker can go. But I can not.

Idiots.

Thanks Yinn for warning us that the 45,000 Thais living in Australia are ALL sex workers.  I'll treat them accordingly next time I meet a Thai on the bus.  'You, you how much for boom boom?'

36 minutes ago, outsider said:

Five days, and it is news? While I don't condone to breaking the law even for a day but...

Correction: Naew Na urged the public to continue heightening the xenophobia, while enhancing the back-stabbing culture, currently gripping Thailand.

It only seems to be gripping Thai visa forum members. I certainly haven't experienced in real life anywhere on Thailand. YMMV.

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

To arrest and throw in jail a German guy on FIVE days overstay??? LUNACY!!!! :w00t:

Indeed, also now he's been arrested and entered 'the system' I wonder how many weeks it will take for him to be processed by the local courts, transferred to Bangkok and then moved into the IDC to await deportation for what's going to be a few hundred baht worth of fines at the court.

10 hours ago, samsensam said:

given that guests have to show their passports when checking into a hotel it is a fairly simple task to identify an over stayer.

not sure if this really counts as news...

And what hotel in the entire world is going to scan a passport to see if they are on overstay?

Seriously?

27 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Indeed, also now he's been arrested and entered 'the system' I wonder how many weeks it will take for him to be processed by the local courts, transferred to Bangkok and then moved into the IDC to await deportation for what's going to be a few hundred baht worth of fines at the court.

Few hundred baht of fines,    I think not .   

Few hundred thousands , problem solved ...

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

We all know it's 500 Baht a day which I have paid in the past as have many others but I really think this is over the top for only 5 days I think they should have a grace period of 30 days then arrest him,

The German will be telling all his friends this is worse than the Gestapo 

He will be correct as well, how long will he spend in prison before they finally deport him? That's anyone's guess.

Archived