Mistake would Uk visit visa application and documents

Stupidly after the first refusal you would think we wouldn’t have made any  mistakes  but we have . The first visa was refused due to them not being able to contact my fiancées  employer/dad as he missed the calls because he does night shifts and sleeping through the day. We should have stated this in the application and been more ready for the call, which we have done this time   . So we applied again straight away as we had all the documents ready . On the online application I put her proposed Visit  will be 14th feb  -28th feb 2020 and on her documents such as cover letter , sponsor letter etc it says 16th feb -1st March 2020 so only 2 days difference.  The reason this happened was because We done the online application but didn’t submitted and pay  till a few days later and forgot to change the date on the application . we wanted to keep within the required 3 months minimum before applying  . She has already submitted biometrics and annoyingly we paid £260 for a 5 day decision as we needed a fast decision due to other arrangements. Do you think this application will be refused straight away ? 

At the end of the day, the UK wants people to come and visit and spend their money in the country.

The big issue for VfS is to ensure that they have reasons to return home, and that they won't stay in UK.

If you've clearly shown that she has something to come back to and for, then a date error won't stop a positive outcome.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cabanlit said:

At the end of the day, the UK wants people to come and visit and spend their money in the country.

The big issue for VfS is to ensure that they have reasons to return home, and that they won't stay in UK.

If you've clearly shown that she has something to come back to and for, then a date error won't stop a positive outcome.

Is having your own business , property , long standing bank account and taking care of your parents a reason to come back to Thailand . Not according to my ladies application that was denied and the reason being ,

Not convinced she will return to Thailand after her 1 month UK holiday . They  also picked us up on a date remark when initially she said 1 month but later mentioned possibly 2 months if not enough time to see all the places of interest . Hope it goes well for you . 

Edited by superal

11 minutes ago, superal said:

Is having your own business , property , long standing bank account and taking care of your parents a reason to come back to Thailand . Not according to my ladies application that was denied and the reason being ,

Not convinced she will return to Thailand after her 1 month UK holiday . They  also picked us up on a date remark when initially she said 1 month but later mentioned possibly 2 months if not enough time to see all the places of interest . Hope it goes well for you . 

I would suggest it was more the vagueness of the dates that caused the refusal.

My wife used having a business and home, with a bank account showing regular income, as a reason to return. She used fixed dates for her visit and was accepted with no problems.

Edited by puchooay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, puchooay said:

I would suggest it was more the vagueness of the dates that caused the refusal.

My wife used having a business and home, with a bank account showing regular income, as a reason to return. She used fixed dates for her visit and was accepted with no problems.

Yes , I take your point and being married could have an influence on the outcome , we are not married but have been together for 8 years . Maybe time to take the plunge and simplify visa issues for both here and the UK visits . We have discussed marriage a few times but my travel movements always got in the way . BTW how long did your UK visa app process take and did you use an agent ? 

14 hours ago, cabanlit said:

It is nothing to do with VfS, they are just the agents handling the process on behalf of UKVI. It is a ‘UK government Entry Clearance Officer who assesses the application - against specific criteria comprised in their guidance.

What invariably seems to be an issue is when seeds of doubt are sown by misinformation or confusion. Such doubts in one area give cause for reasons to return to be doubted.

Absolute clarity in evidencing a genuine relationship/reason to visit, financial adequacy and those reasons to return is essential.

Re processing times... VfS always advise 15 working days and that has been pretty much spot on for the last 2 I have done for my missus.

Edited by Jip99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, superal said:

Yes , I take your point and being married could have an influence on the outcome , we are not married but have been together for 8 years . Maybe time to take the plunge and simplify visa issues for both here and the UK visits . We have discussed marriage a few times but my travel movements always got in the way . BTW how long did your UK visa app process take and did you use an agent ? 

Being married is not in itself a clincher. It needs to be part of the jigsaw of evidencing a genuine relationship 

I am aware of someone who married his Thai GF, but their relationship’ consisted of him voting Thailand for a month, twice a year. Married? Yes, genuine relationship? ....... I would suggest that more evidence would be needed to convince me.

9 hours ago, Jip99 said:

It is nothing to do with VfS, they are just the agents handling the process on behalf of UKVI. It is a ‘UK government Entry Clearance Officer who assesses the application - against specific criteria comprised in their guidance.

What invariably seems to be an issue is when seeds of doubt are sown by misinformation or confusion. Such doubts in one area give cause for reasons to return to be doubted.

Absolute clarity in evidencing a genuine relationship/reason to visit, financial adequacy and those reasons to return is essential.

Re processing times... VfS always advise 15 working days and that has been pretty much spot on for the last 2 I have done for my missus.

Could you please expand on " financial adequacy " .  Are we talking about the applicant or her partner ?

I have heard of certain Thai ladies who had zero savings and no assets and a boyfriend of 3 months . Their UK tourist visa  application was successful .     

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, puchooay said:

From the date of my wife's appointment at VFS to receiving passport with visa inside was 14 working days.

We did not use an agent. No point. The application process is simple enough to do oneself.

My wife's last 2 visas were granted in 4 days after submitting  documents. 

Edited by roo860
  • Thanks 1

No need for an agent whatsoever. Save your money. If you absolutely insist in using one make sure the company is OISC accredited. Many, many cowboys out there who are likely to cause more problems than anything with wrong advice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, superal said:

Could you please expand on " financial adequacy " .  Are we talking about the applicant or her partner ?

I have heard of certain Thai ladies who had zero savings and no assets and a boyfriend of 3 months . Their UK tourist visa  application was successful .     

No such thing as a tourist visa. The 6 month visa duration is usually a Standard Visit Visa.

Boyfriend of 3 months is irrelevant if there is evidence to show a genuine relationship...... 3 months is testing that criteria somewhat. I wouldn’t want to promote 3 months as a yardstick for a ‘genuine’ relationship. 

Financial adequacy can be the applicants own funds (but not padded money from a third party) or a sponsor’s.

She must have good reasons to return to Thailand with no assets... it could happen and each case will have it’s specific merits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I met my, now, wife at the end of January back in 2015. I visited twice between then and May when she applied to come to the UK. She had job, nothing in the bank and her only real reason to return that we use was the job. She worked away from home in a hotel like so many and she has a son and a huge family but saw them once a year for about a week. NO problem getting a couple of visit visas and went for settlement in February 2016 and then we married in June 2016.

The three visits in four months made quite a difference to the application imho.