Drunken Farang

Globeliner

From Reuters Site:

CHIANG MAI, Thailand (Reuters) - A Swiss man was sentenced to 10 years in jail on Thursday for defacing images of Thai royalty, a rare prison term for a foreigner convicted under Thailand's tough lese-majeste laws.

Oliver Rudolf Jufer, 57, received 20 years for five acts of lese-majeste, but the judge reduced the term to take into account Jufer's guilty plea. He had faced a maximum of 75 years in jail.

Jufer, a longtime resident of Thailand, was arrested in the northern city of Chiang Mai after black paint was sprayed on several portraits of 79-year-old King Bhumibol Adulyadej, whom many Thais revere as semi-divine, and Queen Sirikit.

Police said Jufer was drunk when he defaced the portraits on December 5, the King's birthday and a national holiday."The court sentences him for defaming the King, which is the most serious crime," Judge Pitsanu Tanbuakli said.

Jufer, wearing orange-brown prison clothes with iron shackles on his ankles, said nothing to reporters. He has 30 days to appeal.

I made an ass outta myself 1 time here at warm up, the first time in my life I managed to get so drunk I needed help getting home. (I usually walked, nabbed a taxi, or had a friend drive me) But my stupid choice led me to kissing an ugly girl and puking outside in bushes near warm up, I don't think I could get drunk enough and still be alive to even remotely think of doing something like this. Being that drunk was a lesson in itself thank you...

On a more on topic note, how many days do you think he will last, I mean I think murder is looked upon in a more friendly manner than what he did...

From the rules:

Discussion of topics concerning the King or other current or deceased members of the Thai Royal Family is forbidden.

What is so difficult about remembering and abiding by that simple precept???