Before: Pattaya never sleeps! After: Everyone in bed by 11 pm: Resort is dead say Thais

webfact

1 hour ago, Spellforce said:

Then stay at home after 10PM ?

Too much controls/checkpoints kill the fun, everything good in life is dangerous.

I don't see any problem if you have fun to kill yourself

it's a problem if you kill other people

i don't have to stay at home just because of

your selfish and totaly irresponsible attitude 

nothing fun in driving drunk, particularly in a city where there are everywhere and

at every hour of the day and night cheap taxis, bahtbus and motosai to get you back home safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

So true a very accurate report last night by 11:00 pm I had already gone once with my LT Barfine resting up for round two.????

a gal that i ran into recently that i first met ages ago when gogo bars had slimmer staff and reasonable prices told me she used to make a lot more money when reasonable prices led to more customer spending multiplied to the X power.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Spellforce said:

All those (DUI) checkpoints have ruined the place for expats and without the expats the beer bar scene has died.

Let me fix it for you

All those (DUI) checkpoints have ruined the place for alcoholics expats too stingy to pay a taxi

i prefer by far see the beer bar scene died (Even if it's sad) than more and more people killed (The drunk one and the others involved) on the road carnage because they drive drunk

but each of us have his own priority of course

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Beggar said:

The end is here. Yesterday when I walked home at 10 pm everything was empty in Central Pattaya. Even the Soi dogs were sleeping already. Bars were dark and had a sign "Closed. Please don't disturb." Frustrated I wanted to buy a beer in a 7-Eleven. When I entered the shop a sleepy looking cashier shouted angrily "What you want!" and so I left without anything - not even with a plastic bag. The motorbike taxi drivers were sleeping and had a big sign "Please don't disturb. Call Grab for a ride". This is not Pattaya anymore. 

Seriously? I just came back in May '19. It's really THAT bad?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

You have to say that the authorities have brought this upon themselves. In their desperation to save face and stop anything the slightest bit smutty from going on in town, they destroyed exactly what so many people visited for. People wanting a fun week or two away came here because that was what was on offer, and they didn't give a damn for temples and nature beauty spots, a point obviously missed by the folks that have killed the place.

I am sure the average bar or hotel owner would far prefer it to go back to how it was, rather than go broke in a "family friendly" but empty resort.

no brain no pain