hotels for westerners

globalspark

Are there  any hotels left  that  also cater for  westerners . The old days like the Diana Inn and many more would have these nice breakfasts and bars where you could have a drink after a game of golf or whatever.

These days it seems the quest is for Chinese and Indian  tourists and it becomes a little boring  for us westerners to enjoy our day with a good  English Breakfast. Some hotels make a small effort and have a egg station but that is where it ends.

On a recent trip I stayed at the mantra Pura in North pattaya and that was very nice for the price but  the Tv  was all snowy and no effort was made to fix it despite many requests.

The farang who comes here for 4 weeks  goes down and has breakfast  swim and have drinks by the pool with other travellers and watch movies are things of the past judging by the hotels I am staying in. Now i am talking about 3-4 Star hotels   and I guess if i stayed at the Hilton,  Holiday Inn and etc i would get exactly what I am looking for.

I can see where these hotels are coming from as most  tourist  are staying 1-3 days  on some tour  and that is there bread and butter. I just feel the old market has been neglected. 

12 minutes ago, globalspark said:

I just feel the old market has been neglected. 

yes the tourist demographic is changing fast.

i don't try any more to combine breakfast with my hotel unless it is four or five star and clearly shows a big spread for breakfast with good reviews.

and interesting to read reviews for hotels on Agoda.  many saying "Nice hotel but it is for Chinese or Indians." 

• Like 1

I stayed at the Thai Garden Resort this weekend. It was pretty much all western tourists, unlike last time (for the Fireworks) when a coach or two of Chinese tours stayed over. Have to face facts though, does a hotel remain at low percentages for most of the year due to the fall in Western tourists, or accept that booking of a few hundred from India or China? Your best bet might be the 5 Stars, Dusit, Hilton etc. Amari when it is up to speed.

Edited by jacko45k