Changing immigration office for retirement extension

I'm planning on relocating from Phuket to Cha-am and would like to do my next retirement extension in Phetchaburi which covers Cha-am. I've always done my extensions in Phuket up to now. Is there anything specific I need to do or know about changing immigration offices or do I just walk into Phetchaburi IO with the required paperwork? I will have TM30 completed online for my residence in Cha-am before going there. Any other paperwork needed to make the change?

9 minutes ago, Pookaow said:

Would the Hua Hin Immigration not be more convenient for you?

You have to apply for extension and etc at the designated office for where you are living. It does not matter how near or far you are from the office.

ย 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to apply for extension and etc at the designated office for where you are living. It does not matter how near or far you are from the office.

ย 

Hua Hin is in Pachuab Khiri Khan. Cha-am is in Petchburi.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am aware of that. I was replying to a post suggesting immigration in Hua Hin might be closer than the office for Petchburi.

Perhaps I shouldn't have quoted you. My comment was intended for Pookaow and the OP.

4 hours ago, Pookaow said:

Would the Hua Hin Immigration not be more convenient for you?

The GPS coordinates for the new office are 12.553219,99.898742. /ย 12ยฐ33'11.6"N 99ยฐ53'55.5"E

ย 

Regards

ย 

ย 

IMMIGRATION.jpg.ce620117e12601effe3dcaad0e839818.jpg.1584c458e3ab68c795db0bf619dddc4f.jpg

Hua-Hin and Cha-Am is not in the same province.ย 

Thanks for the info about Tha Yang. I didn't know about this office and it sounds ok to deal with. Our house is owned by my wife, not rented, so I guess it will be TM30 from my wife plus a TM28. We actually live right on the north edge of Hua Hin but unfortunately on the wrong side of the provincial border for HH so it has to be Phetchaburi.

from experience I can tell you that if you got your first Retirement Visa (or whatever it is called) in your home country, then yes, you can change the location for extensions.

However, if you obtained it in Thailand, you will not be able to change.

I tried this.

I got my first one in Hua Hin, and moved to CM, and they told me no chance to extend there, and I had to return to HH to get new extensions.

Chiang Rai office were the same.

ย 

22 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

from experience I can tell you that if you got your first Retirement Visa (or whatever it is called) in your home country, then yes, you can change the location for extensions.

I tried this.

I got my first one in Hua Hin, and moved to CM, and they told me no chance to extend there, and I had to return to HH to get new extensions.

ย 

So, you're saying that expats are not allowed to move to another province and start using a new immigration office and do 90 days reports and 1 year extensions? Then you're wrong. People are moving all the time and changing immigration offices. There are official requirements what you have to submit to the new office (they might differ). It has nothing to do with where you obtained your Non-Immigrant O Visa.ย 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nickmondo said:

I tried this.

ย 

I am not sure you are 100% correct there. Regional offices can vary and be difficult, but there is no reason why an extension cannot be renewed in another province if one officially changes one's address with a TM28 (and maybe TM30)ย prior.

ย 

I have heard of difficulties where people have involved agents, obtained a conversion of a TV or VE entry to a Non-Imm-O and Extension, where it was issued from a different location, causing problems. IE Someone living in KK, gets an agent Ext from Pattaya, moves to Sisaket, and Sisaket don't want to extend on the rogue Ext/Visa.ย