thailand and vietnam visa free allowances

I am british and married to a thai 

2005-2018 we lived in thailand me on a retirement visa

we now  live in ireland but have had to return for undetermined amount of time between  2 months-7months

I am allowed 30 days visa free and intend to visit vietnam for a few days each month where i am allowed 15 days visa free

only problem with my plan is i cannot return to vietnam for 30 days after leaving which means i will overun my 30 thai allowance

any ideas to overcome this hurdle......i understand i an overstay thailand and pay 500 baht fine but i doubt if the thai immigration will allow me to do this every month

You can extend a 30 day visa exempt entry for 30 days at a immigration office for fee of 1900 baht.

You could apply for a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai at the consulate in Ho Chi Minh city for a fee of $200 US. The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

You could also get a 60 extension to visit your Thai wife (if you needed that much time here).

do not think application can be done in thailand if i am there with my wife, also i believe after the 60 days are exhausted visa runs are prohibited

12 hours ago, beaufoy said:

do not think application can be done in thailand if i am there with my wife, also i believe after the 60 days are exhausted visa runs are prohibited

Getting a 60 day extension to visit your wife does not keep you from leaving and re-entering the country. You could leave the country and then enter visa exempt and then apply for another 60 day extension.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Took said:

Hi,

You can apply for a 1-month E-Visa for US$25 (750B)

as an option.

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/

Is that total cost? I go Saigon every month. Obtain multi 3 month.

Even single entry one month is $25 + stamping fee online. So all up $50 USD.

What's the total you paid for e-visa one month single entry?

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

e-visa total cost for Vietnam, via the link he provided, is $25 USD.  No stamping fee involved upon arrival.  (It's a single entry visa.)

Also, the e-visa negates the need to obtain the "invitation letter" from a travel agency that you/others may be used to obtaining for VOAs.

Edit:  processing time is usually 2-3 business days (online.)  

Edited by TheAppletons
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

$25.96 including debit or credit card surcharge. No rubber glove treatment unlike Thailand, mini stamp in  passport, you are treated like a VVIP with this visa because issued by government. However  you must 

print letter or huge problems 

• Thanks 2