No reservation, will I have difficulty finding 400-500 baht room now?

youbuyshirt

I will arrive in Pattaya on bus from Bkk with a lot of luggage. Where should I go to find a lot of cheaper rooms within close proximity to each other so I don’t have to run all over town looking? My requirements are private bathroom, refrigerator, desk or big table. Fan is okay, I don’t need A/C. Does not have to be near beach. Planning to stay 2-1/2 weeks. Thanks for suggestions.

Tried the booking websites but they are a pain. I really prefer to see a room personally before reserving it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, fforest1 said:

I ment Soi soi Chaiyapoon

And cheapest places on Soi Buakhao/Chaiyapoon/Lengkee area can not be booked or not even be found on the internet booking sites.

And "now" means in the next days?

It doesn't get easier the closer to X-Mas of course.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, fforest1 said:

My best suggestion is take any cheap room the first day......Then walk around and find a good cheap room there are plenty of choices in Pattaya....

Good advice and would book in advance on the internet.

I wouldn't want to walk around with heavy baggage searching for a room.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I have read that Pattaya is dead, which is why I'm so baffled that the prices are still so high on the booking sites. But I agree the best idea is to reserve a room for one night, then find a better room without carrying my luggage.

• Haha 2

Uh-oh. Should I avoid coming on a weekend? Do Pattaya hotel rooms get scarce on the weekends, and prices go up, due to people from Bangkok spending the weekend in Pattaya?

Is this even more likely to be a problem since Thursday, 5 December is King Bhumibol's Birthday, a National holiday? And then there's another holiday on Tuesday, 10 December, Constitution Day. Does this mean a long weekend from Thursday to Tuesday and many Bangkokians heading to Pattaya, filling up the hotel rooms?