How to get reccord clearance from Thai police

I need to get police clearance. I've already been to the website at: http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/contactus.php  Its not useful. No information on how to apply, how to send fees or anything. Has anyone gone through the process. How do you do it. Thanks

Are you in BKK?

When I did mine, I went to the police department that does this near Siam BTS, filled in the application form, they took the finger prints, paid a fee and returned a few weeks later to collect the certificate.

Not complicated at all.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

First find the Police Records department - can be a bit tricky to locate, but once there, ask lady at reception for info, and she will direct you to the right area. Once there, takes a maximum normally of one hour, depending on how many people before you in the queue. You get a form, pay the fee, have prints taken, and return a few days later with your receipt to pick up the certificate.

Unfortunately it seems South African citizens requesting Thai marriage/retirement extensions have to do this annually...possibly citizens of other suspicious countries too? Adds a lot of hassle to one's extension application, as one first has to approach Immigration dept. for a letter addressed to Police Records dept.

5 minutes ago, Pib said:

Do you really need a letter from your home country embassy requesting the police clearance like the websites in ubonjoe's state?  

They want proof of the reason to get one.

A request from a employer could be used if that was the reason. 

For a visa application to another country a embassy or consulate could supply a letter.

This from page 3 of the first link I posted.

image.png.51ed0bdecedc3f3baf33e3058327bd55.png

If you are in a hurry or need assistance getting a police clearance you can go here: http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/

Go to the middle of the page on the left hand side and click on: "Service to obtain certificate in case of special urgency by out source." This will link you to A-Plus Service & Consulting. They will do everything for you and usually get the clearance back in about 4 working days. For a fee of ~4400 baht. I have used them and recommend them if you are in a hurry or can't be bothered doing it by yourself

23 hours ago, userabcd said:

Are you in BKK?

When I did mine, I went to the police department that does this near Siam BTS, filled in the application form, they took the finger prints, paid a fee and returned a few weeks later to collect the certificate.

Not complicated at all.

Did you need a letter from embassy etc. to say why you need a police clearance? Or did you require any other docs? I would go to police HQ in person. Tks.

18 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Did you need a letter from embassy etc. to say why you need a police clearance? Or did you require any other docs? I would go to police HQ in person. Tks.

Depends why you need the Police clearance.

If it's for a visa just write it on the form.

You'll need proof of residency, work permit, Tabien Baan (Yellow book), otherwise a certificate of residency from your local IO.