Best place in CM for vaccinations - best price/ English speaking/quality of facility and staff?

JimmyJ

Dr Morgan speaks good English and takes time to explain things. I haven't really tested her diagnostic abilities but I assume it is on par with other decent physicians.

However her prices are high. More specialized doctors than her charge 200-300 baht at their private clinics. Dr Morgan manages to at least double this. Even a simple consultation runs 600 baht or so.

You may want to keep this in mind. 

For vaccines, there is a vaccine clinic somewhere in the Sriphat hospital complex. I don't know the exact location but you can probably find it. They even have a poster on the road.

They will be 100-200 baht cheaper if it counts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The fifth floor of the new Sriphat Clinic building (affiliated with the Chiang Mai University Faculty of Medicine) has a clinic that stocks and administers quite a few vaccines.

This new building is on the south side of Suthep Road, down the road and across the street from the main CMU hospital buildings and their adjacent, original Sriphat Clinic building.  A free shuttle service is available to this Sriphat Clinic "annex" from just outside the main hospital emergency room. 

The new building's parking lot (entrance on its soi) is directly opposite from the Suan Dok 10-story parking building (with its McDonalds restaurant and Siam Commercial Bank on the ground floor).  The building is visible from Suthep Road, set back about 200 meters from Suthep Road.

A 2-page listing of vaccines and their prices available in 2014 is attached in the two .jpg images.  Note that only the vaccines in yellow highlight were in stock at that time.  The clinic crossed out those vaccines not routinely stocked at that time (but perhaps available on special order with advance payment), and courteously wrote out more recognizable names for the abbreviations.

A routine recent visit for work-permit medical exam incurred a doctor/clinic charge of about ฿aht 200, if my memory serves me (receipt not handy, but certainly much less than ฿ 300).  My guess would be that a charge for vaccinations would be similar, plus the current cost of the vaccines.

PS.  Six years later, I would also guess they would have the newer Japanese encephalitis vaccine (Ixiaro®) produced by modern cell culture technique by Valneva AG in Austria (https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/68/rr/rr6802a1.htm), but probably pricier than the two other JE vaccines in stock in 2014 (which work well, and are still fine to use, but no longer available in the USA).

IMAG1156.jpg

IMAG1157.jpg

Edited by Bruce404