Best place to buy good meat in Pattaya

Dario

• 3 years later...
On 12/17/2020 at 5:08 PM, WaveHunter said:

I went there to Foodland on Thappraya since it's right next to my condo, and bought Brahman Rib-Eye because back in the States I love Rib-Eye. 

It looked nice being a thick cut and all marbled and everything, so I bought 5 of them to keep in my freezer and one to cook for dinner that night.

Maybe Rib-Eye means something different here in Thailand but it was probably the worst steak I've ever had!  It was so tough it was hard to cut with a steak knife, had lots of gristle, and was not juicy at all, and had no flavor to speak of!

I know how to pan-fry steak so the fault was not in preparation.  The next day I tried to tenderize it with course kosher salt for an hour before cooking...and not much improvement at all.

If I love American Rib-eye steak, what should I be looking for here in Thailand, and where should I be looking...because Brahman Rib-Eye is clearly not it, and that was the best I saw at FoodLand, so Foodland is not the place to go.

Forget Foodmart for beef steak.I bought a frozen rib eye and when I was cooking it I began to realize it was one continuous piece of meat like a string? It was shaped like a steak but hand formed from some off cut. I was very pissed off with this crap! I should have taken a pic and exposed them.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

Forget Foodmart for beef steak.I bought a frozen rib eye and when I was cooking it I began to realize it was one continuous piece of meat like a string? It was shaped like a steak but hand formed from some off cut. I was very pissed off with this crap! I should have taken a pic and exposed them.

I like Foodmart, but you are right, I buy very little meat from there, also check ex dates on the pies in the chiller. I like the sauerkraut they sell in bags B90, much better for you than tinned or in a  jar 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Seppius said:

I like Foodmart, but you are right, I buy very little meat from there, also check ex dates on the pies in the chiller. I like the sauerkraut they sell in bags B90, much better for you than tinned or in a  jar 

Yes I'm not bashing them because I still shop there but I don't but meat there anymore. Their bakery is pretty good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaideedave said:

3yrs later.wavehunter? Yep foodland/foodmart, chaik ncheese for certain, I find foodmart jumbled up, scruffy looking and will never go back, live in Pratumnak so handy! 

• Like 1