what can you do about a pig of person next door

the people next door moved his dad in with them and then when offered a new job in another area decided to move out and leave the old man in their house because he is a real pig & they didnt want him with them in their new house. Now he is by himself he buys all his food and eats it in his second story bedroom then just opens the window and tosses it out on the roof that adjoins our yard( it all blows into our yard) or just throws it in directly. We have asked him to stop but he says it isnt him, we have watched him do it too but when we call out to him to ask him to stop he simply ignores us, we have also spoken to his son but he  says he cant do anything because if he puts him out of the house he will get embarrassed and lose face because they dont want with them. We have no idea what else to do now, we collect all his rubbish that ends up in our yard and throw it back into his yard in the hope he stops but he simply doesnt care, in Australia the council would sort it out but here I doubt anyone else really gives a sh*t and the amount of rubbish is just getting worse, anyone have any ideas that may work

1 minute ago, tgw said:

make a video of him throwing the trash and then show it to him.

inform him that if he doesn't stop a police complaint will be lodged.

I don't think the police will do squat about it.  He is throwing trash out the window onto his own property (many Thais do it).  The fact that his trash is blowing onto someone else's property is of no concern to him or the police since that is a direct result of the wind and therefore he cannot be blamed for that.  No, I am not being sarcastic here, I would place a bet that the police wouldn't even bat an eye.

We had the same problem. But, in our case, the jerk was tossing the trash over our wall, out his 2nd story window, directly into our yard. He also swore that it wasn't him.

We are in very good standing with the local moto mafia - a scruffy bunch of good old boys. We brought him to their attention. Not only did the trash stop, he even kept his window closed from then on!

1 hour ago, tgw said:

make a video of him throwing the trash and then show it to him.

inform him that if he doesn't stop a police complaint will be lodged.

IMHO, best advice so far,  There is no point in reporting unless you have evidence, video, photo, voice recordings ...

If you are going to confront him; in Thai,  get someone to video it

This approach worked for me when I went to collect my 8 year old from the bi*ch mother.  The judge and her lawyer melted when they heard what she really had to say

However, MeePeeMai  has a good point, from what you say, the rubbish being thrown out is not into you property directly all the time. Video evidence would help

Good luck

45 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

I don't think the police will do squat about it.  He is throwing trash out the window onto his own property (many Thais do it).  The fact that his trash is blowing onto someone else's property is of no concern to him or the police since that is a direct result of the wind and therefore he cannot be blamed for that.  No, I am not being sarcastic here, I would place a bet that the police wouldn't even bat an eye.

my proposal is cheap and no-risk. worth a try.

thanks guys, we have tried to be nice about it but he simply ignores us, after I put this up he did it again, I had our window open and was yelling at him and he simply ignored me, what makes it worse is that because everything has had food in it out dog grabs it and chews on it, wife tried threatening him with the police but he doesnt care. Will try to get a video of him and see what happen, thanks again

5 hours ago, seajae said:

We have asked him to stop but he says it isnt him,

buy a very cheap CCTV camera or fake decoy camera and point it at him. as low as 400 baht of Lazada.

put it on a pole or up high where he can't get to it. it does not actually have to work

cameras are very intimating.  

16 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

We had the same problem. But, in our case, the jerk was tossing the trash over our wall, out his 2nd story window, directly into our yard. He also swore that it wasn't him.

We are in very good standing with the local moto mafia - a scruffy bunch of good old boys. We brought him to their attention. Not only did the trash stop, he even kept his window closed from then on!

We had a similar issue with a disgusting old ex cop and his filthy dogs.
His house stank so bad you  could not walk past it on the same side of the road.
The local moto mafia boys sorted it out for us.
After I bought the boys some beers and explained the problem. 
Two or three days later the dogs had GONE.. the guy was outside his house with a power washer and brush.....
About a week later the dogs came back but all had been cleaned, clipped, and I believe the all had something done to their voice box as now when they bark they dont make much noise at all..
Its still nice and clean and the guy cleans his house 2-3 times a week with his power washer.

Dont underestimate the moto mafia boys..
They also FIXED the problem we had with DEKVAN (Motorcycle racers) around out aria...

18 hours ago, seajae said:

Australia the council would sort it out

well, short of moving both houses to Australia... or bringing the entire council here... you could offer to buy the house or move... though I would try contacting the local hua-na first and have him talk to the offensive crazy old man... that would be the least expensive option and it just may work...

good luck. 

Stink bombs, already mentioned, will do the trick.

All you need to do is put some Pla Ra ( Somtham Lao  style fish sauce) that's at least 350 years old, plus the smell of a rotten Durian in a balloon and throw it into his window. 

Of course can you work on the flavour of the smell by adding human trash. 

Pla_ra96.jpg

7 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

All you need to do is put some Pla Ra ( Somtham Lao  style fish sauce) that's at least 350 years old, plus the smell of a rotten Durian in a balloon and throw it into his window. 

He would likely devour it all and ask for more.

29 minutes ago, Rod the Sod said:

Forgive my ignorance but who are the "moto mafia" and the "hua-na"?

Thanks RtS

Whoever they may be, it's a safe bet that knowing them has a lot more downside than any small benefit they might provide.

Archived