Monkeys hit hard as temperature drops

snoop1130

Monkeys hit hard as temperature drops

By The Nation

800_45e99aab7c6e75d.jpg

As the cold front descends on Thailand to the relief of Thais, monkeys in some provinces are having a different experience. 

The temperatures in Uthai Thani have dropped to 12-14 celsius up the hills and 16-18 on the ground in the morning. The chill has an negative impact on their habitat in the Pattawee mountain, a well-known tourist attraction. Many monkeys, especially mothers and cubs, were seen cuddling under the sun in groups close to the ground. Drought has also hit the province, reducing their food source. 

In the areas of Phra Prang Sam Yot and San Phra Kan Shrine, Lop Buri, local monkeys were seen gathering in shelters. Residents in the areas said baby monkeys were heard crying in the cold weather.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30379144

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-06
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

these look like good monkeys. i feel bad for the cold little monkeys.

i don't think these are the ones who stole my registration papers out of my scooter.

they were bad Hua Hin monkeys. 

Luckily, they didn't pinch your TM30 receipt, otherwise you'd be in deep, deep trouble.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Luckily, they didn't pinch your TM30 receipt, otherwise you'd be in deep, deep trouble.

this is actually a true story. they got the registration, sticker and Honda service record out of the storage space under the seat and I chased this one monkey all over. I had to climb a wall and jump down a hill side above a cliff over the ocean at a Wat here in Hua Hin. He was up in a tree and I was throwing rocks at him. it was a solid hour of monkey business.  

• Haha 2