Health agency to ensure beer gardens comply with laws

rooster59

52 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

All these beer gardens and food vendors might be blocking foot paths where people walk....How can Thailand hope to become a sterile place like  big brother Singapore if all this street vending is allowed? 

In Singapore people also sit on bridges while drinking/smoking/eating at night....and they don't even clean up their own mess....

• Like 1

From my observations of 'events' throughout Thailand, any event from a School Fair, Temple Fair, Beer Garden outside a shopping mall etc... they all have horrific wiring for their lights, often with straggly cables, some worn bare etc... 

I would like to see the electrical safety of such temporary installations becoming paramount - thus If one issue is to be taken care of, its this. 

Then of course next is the noise. 

Food is generally cooked fresh and consumed by many with little left over - thus not a primary concern in my book. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

From my observations of 'events' throughout Thailand, any event from a School Fair, Temple Fair, Beer Garden outside a shopping mall etc... they all have horrific wiring for their lights, often with straggly cables, some worn bare etc... 

I would like to see the electrical safety of such temporary installations becoming paramount - thus If one issue is to be taken care of, its this. 

Then of course next is the noise. 

Food is generally cooked fresh and consumed by many with little left over - thus not a primary concern in my book. 

Maybe cooked fresh but how long has it been hanging about in the heat before it's cooked?

10 hours ago, nickstav said:

I don't believe any "food-selling establishment" in Thailand complies with hygienic regulations.

Speaking of which, finished my meal yesterday evening at a local restaurant I frequent often and, as I was on my way to the loo, I saw a big RAT!! peering out of the kitchen door. The dishwasher also saw it but just smiled as it turned around and scurtied back into the kitchen! I shan't be dining there again...  ????

Edited by djayz
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, djayz said:

Speaking of which, finished my meal yesterday evening at a local restaurant I frequent often and, as I was on my way to the loo, I saw a big RAT!! peering out of the kitchen door. The dishwasher also saw it but just smiled as it turned around and scurtied back into the kitchen! I shan't be dining there again...  ????

The rat had just popped out to have a look at the person who had just eaten his brother.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ThaidDown said:

The rat had just popped out to have a look at the person who had just eaten his brother.

Rats, or other filthy animals for that matter, in areas where food is stored or prepared is no laughing matter. As for his bother, I had the fish that evening... ????