Pattaya: Rogue estate agent ripped off Thais and foreigners to the tune of 45 million baht

webfact

Pattaya: Rogue estate agent ripped off Thais and foreigners to the tune of 45 million baht

1pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Pattaya police are investigating after a group of around 10 foreigners and Thais lodged complaints about a rogue estate agent (realtor) operating in the resort. 

In total there are thought to be at least 20 victims who have parted with around 45 million baht over long term rental and lease agreements. 

The subject of their complaint is a woman called Jidapha Sirikhong, 49, who is the owner of Som Property. 

Thippawan, 49, an agent, said she was acting on behalf of Thais and foreigners and contacted Som Property over long term rental deals. 

After deposits in the sum of 100,000 baht were paid the owners of properties turned up to say they had not received any money. She claims it was all pocketed by the company owner. 

Her customers included people from Austria, Australia, the US and Norway.

Nanthika, 52, said that she was there as a witness after she became aware of people buying property who had been ripped off. Installments were paid but not received by the sellers and then the owner of the company disappeared, she claimed.

Action station chief Pol Col Thanapong Phothi has put Pol Lt-Col Kamon Apikarat in charge of the case. 

He promised full assistance from the police at a meeting yesterday. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-12

As usual they have not been using a calculator. In total they expect it to be 20 victims that have payed a deposit of 100k baht that disappeared, and that is singing to the amount of 45 million baht?

To me it sounds like 2 million baht.

Most of the times it's the foreigners who drive around in those fancy cars in Pattaya. All scammers.

So if you want to buy one of these 'new project' condo's without even a stone being built yet. Ask the staff what car the boss drives (or when it's parked outside the office). If the answer is a Ferrari.........WALK AWAY!

25 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

Most of the times it's the foreigners who drive around in those fancy cars in Pattaya. All scammers.

So if you want to buy one of these 'new project' condo's without even a stone being built yet. Ask the staff what car the boss drives (or when it's parked outside the office). If the answer is a Ferrari.........WALK AWAY!

Spieker you couldn't possibly mean a Bentley , a Ferrari or two  a Maserati and a Porche Cayenne could you ?

1 hour ago, spiekerjozef said:

B...b...but he guaranteed 10% returns and to also give me the principal back after ten years too! ????

1 hour ago, Jack100 said:

Spieker you couldn't possibly mean a Bentley , a Ferrari or two  a Maserati and a Porche Cayenne could you ?

Lol - every time I go to Immigration I pass by the "Ocean Tower" site. Today I saw a small group of people working in there and thought about posting that maybe, just maybe, they might start building it (or more likely try promoting it again and hoping to attract a new group of suckers). They still have a webpage up but the links and promotional stuff are gone. I found a realty site that is still listing condos for sale there as well.

Immigration should take over the property and relocate into a larger facility. More office space and more parking !

he has probably more like 55 million, they will somehow only be able to collect 1 million, give that to the crying farangs and then the 54 million will be split up.....  rince and repeat, thanks for playing.  

i'm building a new civilization on the sun.  down payment is 1 million and you will own 100 million rai on the sun. building begins in the year 2983.  

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

The whole property market is a gigantic scam as I found out to my cost.  Never sign an annual audit paper from a Pattaya company if it's all in Thai.

That's why I sold.  Lack of true transparency with a hell of a lot of smoke and mirrors and screaming matches at AGMs.  Juristic management couldn't lie straight in bed either. Loads of exorbitant charges for very little work.  Team of gardeners was actually one useless lazy one.  Rorts galore.

Then selling my condo.  Had one freelance agent dealing with me.  Gave me a 10,000 baht deposit claiming it was from an interested buyer.  Later found it was her own money as she was desperately trying to stop other agents with interested buyers getting the commission.  I kept the deposit but ended up in months of severe stress and selling much later.  NEVER AGAIN. Only rent IMO

6 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Agreed.  Have been told repeatedly by Thai-apologists that scams are mere figments of a farang's imagination.

Been ripped-off several times by "trust-worthy" Thais...Pattaya real estate agent included...???? 

If you are living in Thailand without a very smart Thai wife than you are an absolute moron. Boggles my mind that anyone would consider buying anything in Thailand without a savvy Thai-wife. Stupid is as stupid does. People looking to retire here without someone Thai to protect them...again...just mind boggling stupidity. RULE OF THUMB when marrying a Thai girl: make sure she earns at least 2x as much as you do. Not possible? I'm in the top 0.5% in the USA in terms of income and my Thai wife makes a lot more than I do. And she's beautiful. Was a model in her 20s.

1 hour ago, Rocket Hawks said:

If you are living in Thailand without a very smart Thai wife than you are an absolute moron. Boggles my mind that anyone would consider buying anything in Thailand without a savvy Thai-wife. Stupid is as stupid does. People looking to retire here without someone Thai to protect them...again...just mind boggling stupidity. RULE OF THUMB when marrying a Thai girl: make sure she earns at least 2x as much as you do. Not possible? I'm in the top 0.5% in the USA in terms of income and my Thai wife makes a lot more than I do. And she's beautiful. Was a model in her 20s.

Now what are the odds of finding a beautiful Thai that makes that kind of money? I’m sure they exist but sounds like powerball lottery odds. I’m also in your income bracket and to find a pretty Thai girl that makes 2x what I make is impossible,

What an odd post. Are you 12?

Who posts about a real estate scam talking about a hot wife.

7 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Agreed.  Have been told repeatedly by Thai-apologists that scams are mere figments of a farang's imagination.

Been ripped-off several times by "trust-worthy" Thais...Pattaya real estate agent included...???? 

Don't recall anybody ever claiming that Pattaya was different from any other town in any part of the world where business is done?

Not sure about that Rocket , I just sold my condo using a Thai real estate broker with her own agency and she couldn't even do the calculations properly ! Give me a trusted  farang  broker any day . There are  some around .

Hey, catch one miss many.

Cheap Charlie centre, Nirun condo.

It's quite frequently found that the agent is short term letting property and not always telling the owners. 

When I looked at one before with the owner,  the door would not open.

Someone was already in it.

She had a scribble on a bit of paper. 

The Chinese owner put them out, the same day. 

7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

As usual they have not been using a calculator. In total they expect it to be 20 victims that have payed a deposit of 100k baht that disappeared, and that is singing to the amount of 45 million baht?

To me it sounds like 2 million baht.

Same same, but different. 

Thai maths is not the best, unless its on the spot fines.

Archived