PM 2.5 revisited as weather warms up

webfact

PM 2.5 revisited as weather warms up

By The Nation

800_1db1ef9a4abbf7c.jpg?v=1576130676

Pralong Dumrongthai, the director-general of Thailand's Pollution Control Department, reported today that the air pollution in Bangkok and the metropolitan area had increased with the PM 2.5 dust particle value exceeding the standard at 42 PCD monitoring stations.

The capital’s districts affected by unhealthy air quality levels of 39-99 micrograms per cubic metre, well above the safety level of 50 micrograms per cubic metre of air, are Thon Buri, Bang Khun Thian, Bang Na, Din Daeng, Wang Thonglang, Nakhon Pathom’s Muang district, Bang Kruai and Pak Kred districts in Nonthaburi, Phra Pradaeng district in Samut Prakan, and Krathum Baen district in Samut Sakhon.

Particulate dust up to 10 microns (PM10) was detected at between 65 - 153 mg / m3 exceeding standard in the central area of Nakhon Pathom and Samut Sakhon.

The department warned people to monitor their health. Anyone suffering such symptoms as coughing, difficulty breathing or eye irritation should reduce the duration of outdoor activities or wear protective masks.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30379353?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-12

Um? why only measure pm10? gives a smaller number. PM2.5 is in the hundreds at the moment here in kanchanaburi.

Safe limit is "0" not 50. 50 was set by a government that doesnt care too much. Its a popularity contest it seems. Let farmers burn = votes.

Why the hell does all these pm2.5 stories give lesser values? Dont they realize how many people have pm2.5 meters? All our friends do....

Prayut needs to be sent to prison for mass murder of the people if he refuses to do anything. Just because a lot of thais are ignorant and like to burn doesnt make it ok of a problem to ignore.

My family are farmers and dont need to burn anything. Local government wont give out bins to anyone thats not on the main road so the burning of rubbish is out of control here. 

Sadly as this becomes the norm...we now live and breath, our children now live and breath this disgusting air....THIS PISSES ME OFF AS I WATCH OLD WORN DIESEL TRUCKS AND BUSES ON THE ROADS, AS THEY SPEW THIER SH*T INTO THE AIR I BREATH AND POLICE SIT ON THIER CANS....THIRD WORLD

20 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Um? why only measure pm10? gives a smaller number. PM2.5 is in the hundreds at the moment here in kanchanaburi.

Safe limit is "0" not 50. 50 was set by a government that doesnt care too much. Its a popularity contest it seems. Let farmers burn = votes.

Why the hell does all these pm2.5 stories give lesser values? Dont they realize how many people have pm2.5 meters? All our friends do....

Prayut needs to be sent to prison for mass murder of the people if he refuses to do anything. Just because a lot of thais are ignorant and like to burn doesnt make it ok of a problem to ignore.

My family are farmers and dont need to burn anything. Local government wont give out bins to anyone thats not on the main road so the burning of rubbish is out of control here. 

Up my way the local Pu Yai organised a rubbish collection service of 200 homes. Unfortunately only 40 homes signed up for it. That means that the other 160 homes will simply continue to either burn it or dump it. One idiot actually was quite happy with himself for how he disposed of his rubbish, by dumping it in the river!!!

Archived