Scotland must be given new independence vote - Sturgeon

webfact

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

They have, but the circumstances have changed, as has the mood.

The Remainers kept saying that about the Brexit vote .

Those who lost wanted another vote to try and win that time .

All the old people who voted Brexit had died and therefore there should be another referendum and the result would be different  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

They have, but the circumstances have changed, as has the mood.

They sure have. At the previous referendum Scotland would have remained in the EU automatically; now it will have to reapply and negotiate its own treaty with the EU

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

So me and my brothers want to go to magaluf on holiday but my granny and grampa insisted we go to Skegness - so that is what was decided.

The car is packed but they, sadly, expired before we set off. Do we still need to go to Skegness? 

Have you tried some of the Greek islands ?

Croatian holiday destinations are quite nice as well 

When are you going on holiday ?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Have you tried some of the Greek islands ?

Croatian holiday destinations are quite nice as well 

When are you going on holiday ?

Yeah but I hear there is now an hour's queue at immigration - that's not the Brexit we voted for! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

The first two are directly related, the third tangentially so. 

I am sure that you can find similar things online about all world events 

There will always be people saying something would never work and it eventually did 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Yeah but I hear there is now an hour's queue at immigration - that's not the Brexit we voted for! 

Just show them your new UK Blue passport and they will realise that you arent a foreigner and they will let you straight in 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

They sure have. At the previous referendum Scotland would have remained in the EU automatically; now it will have to reapply and negotiate its own treaty with the EU

Since when has ???????? had a 'calving' clause? 

Edited by evadgib

1 hour ago, vogie said:

I do not agree again with your interpretation that it is a "dumb question" don't you think that there has to be a timeline so people can feel the want of the country. By asking "Do you want another referendum" tells us nothing, the people asked could want a ref tomorrow, or in our lifetime, hardly definitive, IMO anyway.

Didn't Mrs Sturgeon herself say, that there isn't an enough of a majority at this moment to warrant another referendum.

Anyway there are only two things for sure and that is the Scots voted to remain within our union and that more Scots voted for remaining in the union than Scots voted for the SNP in this GE.

You dont understand do you?

If you are a supporter of independence then the question gives you 4 options.

If you are a unionist then the same question gives you 4 opportunities to say no.

Its a dumb question.

65% voted to stay in the EU. More than the 55% who voted to stay in the UK. 

27 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You dont understand do you?

If you are a supporter of independence then the question gives you 4 options.

If you are a unionist then the same question gives you 4 opportunities to say no.

Its a dumb question.

65% voted to stay in the EU. More than the 55% who voted to stay in the UK. 

I understand being patronised when I read it, 

The official result of the Scottish Independence Referendum on a turnout of 84.6% was:

• Yes 1,617,989 (44.5%)
  • No 2,001,926 (55.5%)

Whilst 1,200,000 voted for the SNP, therefore more Scots voted to remain in the UK.

I'm done with you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So you agree that all EU countries should have a referendum on staying or leaving. One every 5 years?

How about the EU respecting the ones they have had first.

I don't think it should necessarily be mandatory, especially if there is no will for it, but if there is a groundswell of support and a electoral mandate, then why not? 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, vogie said:

I understand being patronised when I read it, 

The official result of the Scottish Independence Referendum on a turnout of 84.6% was:

• Yes 1,617,989 (44.5%)
  • No 2,001,926 (55.5%)

Whilst 1,200,000 voted for the SNP, therefore more Scots voted to remain in the UK.

I'm done with you.

Its obvious from your replies that you do understand that the question is dumb but do not wish to acknowledge that.

I also note that you have deliberately twisted what I said.

55% voted to remain in the UK.

65% voted to remain in the EU. 

34 minutes ago, vogie said:

Good to see you quoting a Mr Browning from Twitter who you have probably never met, yet still passing it off as fact.????????????

I was not suggesting it was empirical, but also I was relying on the intelligence of the reader to put the appropriate amount of weight on its veracity. Are you suggesting I  should I be less presuming in future? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So you agree that all EU countries should have a referendum on staying or leaving. One every 5 years?

How about the EU respecting the ones they have had first.

It is a matter for member states, not the EU. Nothing prevents them from doing it, just as UK did.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I was not suggesting it was empirical, but also I was relying on the intelligence of the reader to put the appropriate amount of weight on its veracity. Are you suggesting I  should I be less presuming in future? 

And there was me thinking you did it to gain brownie points, I could suggest you be a little bit more honest and not try to pass off spurious information as fact in future.????

• Like 1