Trump at brink of impeachment as U.S. House committee approves charges

rooster59

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

Any other guesses? I am guessing you will see the main vote on impeachment will have some dems against it. The vote in the senate is going to be to dismiss with no trial. 

Me think a quick trial will be more likely as some Republicans up for election will not get the vote to 51

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

If you don't understand Trump's abuse, just imagine next time you go to get your visa extension the officer there says "We'll give you your visa extension. I would like you to do us a favor, though." Then he waits for your answer. 

That used to be the norm here and still is in some places. Ever heard of a "visa agent"? What do you think goes on there?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, rabas said:

You do realize the IRS has  all his tax returns from every year and audits them frequently.

I'd be interested in seeing the evidence (you know, the factual stuff, something from the IRS themselves) to back this statement up

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

I'd be interested in seeing the evidence (you know, the factual stuff, something from the IRS themselves) to back this statement up

Factual stuff, though I too wonder how well the IRS does.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/18/wealthy-americans-are-more-likely-to-have-their-taxes-audited-by-the-irs.html

Those who made between $1 million and $5 million in adjusted gross income faced nearly a 1 in 20 chance of getting audited. Those making $5 million to $10 million faced a more than 1 in 10 chance.

Super earners, or those making more than $10 million in 2015, faced by far the highest audit rates. Fully 19 percent of them were audited in 2015 — or nearly 1 in 5.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, rabas said:

Factual stuff, though I too wonder how well the IRS does.

It's not factual about Trump. You claimed that Trump has been audited "many times". I want to see your evidence for that. All you're doing is making an assumption

Edited by ThaiBunny
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Moment of truth for the Reps who have been calling this impeachment a hoax. Reps senators with WH counseling will likely not go for a lengthy trial but a short trial with few or no witnesses. They fear a lengthy trial with witnesses that will reveal more exposures and discoveries as there are mountain of evidences of the President impeachable acts and will be bad for public consumption and 2020 election. They know they have the numbers and better positioned for the acquittal votes. These corrupt Rep senators who took the oath of office will betray the people and country for 1 corrupt president and thereby preserving their jobs. 

More likely they're afraid of exposing their hands in the Ukrainian cookie jar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1