thailand to america flghts

kralledr

Cheapest bottom dollar - ??

You might look at Delta. A person I used to work with flew them once back to Florida. I forget the specifics, might have used an associated carrier coming out of Bangkok.

I would never fly Delta, but.

Eva flies to Houston I believe both direct and 2nd stop after seattle on some transpac flights. You can catch another flight from there. Not the cheapest but cheap and a cut above. 

Good luck.

Not easy.

I am not familiar with costs for US domestic flights so "nearest" airport is somewhat difficult to say.

From my occasional observations, New York and Los Angeles are the two cheapest mainland destinations to reach. New York of course "closer".

To New York you would get a decent one stop return flight in January with Emirates for 31k Baht.

Excellent airline, 23h 40m outbound to JFK, 20h inbound from EWR.

AirChina only cheaper by 1500 Baht.

And I don't look at New York flights > 30 hours.

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Not easy.

I am not familiar with costs for US domestic flights so "nearest" airport is somewhat difficult to say.

From my occasional observations, New York and Los Angeles are the two cheapest mainland destinations to reach. New York of course "closer".

To New York you would get a decent one stop return flight in January with Emirates for 31k Baht.

Excellent airline, 23h 40m outbound to JFK, 20h inbound from EWR.

AirChina only cheaper by 1500 Baht.

And I don't look at New York flights > 30 hours.

If you know nothing about US prices, why bother posting??
Quoting prices to new york or LA for someone wishing to end up in Miami is useless; Traveling with a kid you want the Shortest direct flight you can get.  I posted the best deals and kayak has the best prices.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

Traveling with a kid you want the Shortest direct flight you can get.

The shortest connections are one stop to Miami for more than 50000.

And I understood that this is NOT what the OP was about?

Same like post #7, starting at 59000.

i was given examples,  he asked for CHEAPEST

How does anyone know he wants a r/t??

Mid jan staying 2 weeks

quickest r/t   67,286  24 1/2, 21 1/2 back

Cheapest r/t   38, 476 baht  29 hours going, 43 back

I serious doubt you will find a cheaper flight flying into New York and than arranging another flight to Miami or that it would be a timesaver, than an airline booking site

Sorry,

I plan to fly ASAP, and we would like to stay 40 days, i see miami is expensive to fly in, my budget is around 100k for 2, since the baby pay only a like 5k afaik...

or is there an option i can fly somewhere else in the us, and get a "cheap" connection flight?

Another question, can i use my thai DL to drive over there?

Edited by kralledr

Flying there ASAP means you’ll be close to the holiday season on the outbound.  Forty days there puts you in the early part of Feb for the return.  If you use google, just type Bkk to Mia and enter.  From the results you’ll find a page with flights.  Here’s what my search just found....  hope this helps

7D5FA70A-7791-4BE3-B1EB-EDE2425AB30F.png

Just had a look at Bkk - Miami flights and see what you mean, very pricey!

Definitely cheaper to fly r/t to NYC then r/t NY Miami.

China Eastern Airlines to NYC with flight change in Shanghai  is around US $650 (varies a little by departure date). Not the geratest airline and there may be restrictions on carry on baggage.

NYC - Miami r/t Frontier Airline USD $225 - 300 but would have to change airports as China Eastern gets into JFK (as do most flights from Bkk) and Frontier leaves from either LGA or Newark

Alternatively you can do Cathay Pacific (a better airline anyhow), change in Hong Kong  into Newark for a little under $1000 and then Frontier to Miami for $225-250 r/t to Miami, no change of airports. Personally this is what I would probably do.

Not only is it cheaper to fly to NY then domestic flight NY -  Miami, if you work the connections right it is also be fastest. This is because the NY flights go over the Pole.

• Like 1

If you have a lot of luggage it's best to keep in mind that baggage fees add up quick and most airlines have different fees and weight limits for checked luggage.  Might be a good idea to count and weigh your check-in bags and figure that into the total cost of the tickets to truly get the best deal.

23 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Just had a look at Bkk - Miami flights and see what you mean, very pricey!

Definitely cheaper to fly r/t to NYC then r/t NY Miami.

China Eastern Airlines to NYC with flight change in Shanghai  is around US $650 (varies a little by departure date). Not the geratest airline and there may be restrictions on carry on baggage.

NYC - Miami r/t Frontier Airline USD $225 - 300 but would have to change airports as China Eastern gets into JFK (as do most flights from Bkk) and Frontier leaves from either LGA or Newark

Alternatively you can do Cathay Pacific (a better airline anyhow), change in Hong Kong  into Newark for a little under $1000 and then Frontier to Miami for $225-250 r/t to Miami, no change of airports. Personally this is what I would probably do.

Not only is it cheaper to fly to NY then domestic flight NY -  Miami, if you work the connections right it is also be fastest. This is because the NY flights go over the Pole.

The flaw in your Cathay Pacific plan, is that there is no connecting flight from Newark. Only a very long stopover.

So it almost doesn't matter to which airport you fly in NY, as it looks like an overnight will be required, unless you decide to from JFK to MIA.

So one could equally fly into JFK and then stay overnight in an airport hotel, making their way to any airport in the morning. You will save US$700 flying Shanghai, so US$100 to US$200 can be spent on an airport hotel.

On 12/15/2019 at 5:51 PM, Sheryl said:

As i wrote. Flights to NY are relatively "short" even with one connection.

My US based home is in Missouri. Whenever I fly back, I book BKK-LAX and a non-stop to KC, Mo with Southwest Airlines. BKK-LAX, one-stop flights cost $460+. RT with SWA non-stop flights are as low as $77 each way. I have found this to be lowest price and fastest travel time for me. Booking a BKK-MCI (KC MO) has a longer travel time due to layovers and costs a minimum of $1300.  SWA flight from LAX-Ft L around $200.