Thailand "down"? Nah! Up To Me!

jellymeister

I suspect a macro-level economic restructuring and economic redistribution is taking place.

I believe the combination of new rules and other mentioned factors is driving the low-medium end tourists out of the market. They are being replaced with package tourists(Ruskies, Koreans, etcetc..)

The net impact of this is that the “new” tourists will be spending money in establishment venues like big shopping malls, expensive restaurants and resorts controlled by wealthy Thais.

This will lead many of the low end hotel/entertainment business go out of business in the short term and result in a consolidation of ownership(shit, this is starting to sound Marxist!).

I selfishly prefer when it is dead quiet because it means less trouble getting a seat in the bars I visit and less crowds on the golf course! I must admit though I sometimes wonder whether some of these other posters are scaremongering shills trying to scare away other tourists for similar selfish reasons.

I predict an increase in crime against tourists by the newly unemployed low-medium end tourist-related workers and the big powers that be(the Thai invisible hand mayhaps) scooping up the defunct businesses….kinda of what happened in the drug war realignment under his lordship Thaksin

This will continue until the next power realignment of course when the whole thing will get reshuffled and start all over again. That is the beauty of Thailand, chaos theory in action(and with a smile!)

Plus ca change, plus c’est la meme chose(this should be the Tourist Authority’s new campaign slogan)

Note: If a place like Vietnam ever decides to open up its night entertainment scene like in days of yore, this could be the wooden stake to finish off Thai tourism for good. Many nightspot entertainment countires have come and gone over the years(Taiwan early last century was the Bangkok of its day, and of course 1960s Saigon).

I suspect a macro-level economic restructuring and economic redistribution is taking place.

I believe the combination of new rules and other mentioned factors is driving the low-medium end tourists out of the market. They are being replaced with package tourists(Ruskies, Koreans, etcetc..)

The net impact of this is that the "new" tourists will be spending money in establishment venues like big shopping malls, expensive restaurants and resorts controlled by wealthy Thais.

This will lead many of the low end hotel/entertainment business go out of business in the short term and result in a consolidation of ownership(shit, this is starting to sound Marxist!).

I selfishly prefer when it is dead quiet because it means less trouble getting a seat in the bars I visit and less crowds on the golf course! I must admit though I sometimes wonder whether some of these other posters are scaremongering shills trying to scare away other tourists for similar selfish reasons.

I predict an increase in crime against tourists by the newly unemployed low-medium end tourist-related workers and the big powers that be(the Thai invisible hand mayhaps) scooping up the defunct businesses….kinda of what happened in the drug war realignment under his lordship Thaksin

This will continue until the next power realignment of course when the whole thing will get reshuffled and start all over again. That is the beauty of Thailand, chaos theory in action(and with a smile!)

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose(this should be the Tourist Authority's new campaign slogan)

Note: If a place like Vietnam ever decides to open up its night entertainment scene like in days of yore, this could be the wooden stake to finish off Thai tourism for good. Many nightspot entertainment countires have come and gone over the years(Taiwan early last century was the Bangkok of its day, and of course 1960s Saigon).

So this means that bia chaang will be more expensive? naa glua maak

KD :o

So, package tourists are good ? :o

I assume you just got confused somewhere along that rant.

So ... What's your beef anyway ... you HiSo package tourist ?

Naka.

Edited by naka

Sorry Naka:

The message might have been too subtle for you. It is an analytical commentary, not a beef or a grunt. Suggest you defog your reading glasses, take off your whinge-cap and read it again.

So, package tourists are good ? :o

I assume you just got confused somewhere along that rant.

So ... What's your beef anyway ... you HiSo package tourist ?

Naka.

Alexth:

Your comments only confirm my suspicion that it might be too much to introduce a little rational discourse and analysis amongst simpletons like yourself. Stick to your colouring book.

And you look like you're getting high to me :o

Alexth:

Your comments only confirm my suspicion that it might be too much to introduce a little rational discourse and analysis amongst simpletons like yourself. Stick to your colouring book.

And you look like you're getting high to me :o

I will. Shall I draw a rasta for you? :D