Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Using Canon G2010 scanner with Linux Mint?

WorriedNoodle

I have Linux Mint 19.2 running on a laptop, connected the Canon G2010 printer/scanner that is very common in Thailand and cannot get it to scan, is there a solution? Prints OK but apparently no linux driver for a very common scanner if I am not mistaken? Any ideas or back to Windows and I am not buying another printer/scanner please?

This may not be useful but I have a Canon LIDE 210 running successfully on Mint 19.1.  This is not a combo printer/scanner though.

Anyway, have you tried installing either Simple Scan or, better, XSane from the Mint Repository?

If neither of these applications can find your scanner then, unfortunately, you may have a compatibility problem.

There is a link to SANE supported scanners here: http://www.sane-project.org/sane-supported-devices.html

I can't see the G2010 on the list - under Canon - so not very hopeful I'm afraid.

22 hours ago, doctormann said:

I can't see the G2010 on the list - under Canon - so not very hopeful I'm afraid.

Thanks guys, I'll try this in a couple of weeks when I get back to the laptop and report back my findings. I notice G2000 is listed as scanner, so maybe that will work. Already tried the Simple Scan than came with Linux Mint and it couldn't find scanner. The printer worked by installing itself as I didn't need to do anything.

Archived