Hallmark apologises for pulling same-sex ads

snoop1130

Hallmark apologises for pulling same-sex ads

_110158142_zola-easyweddingplanning-20190-0screenshot.png

ZOLA

The chief executive of Hallmark Cards has apologised for its decision to withdraw television advertisements featuring same-sex couples.

The company's cable network pulled the ads for wedding registry and planning site Zola under pressure from the conservative group One Million Moms.

The decision drew criticism on social media and calls for a boycott.

Hallmark said it would reinstate the adverts and attempt to re-establish its partnership with Zola.

Full Story: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50804827

bbc.jpg

-- © Copyright BBC 2019-12-16

9 hours ago, impulse said:

After an extended absence from the USA, I noticed so many of the TV ads nowadays feature same sex and mixed race couples.

All part of the political social indoctrination.

Media, entertainment, news, advertising etc, is a powerful tool that the state can harness to get messages across.

Same sex couples, with or without children, mixed race marriages, a healthy lifestyle, environmentally conscious and socially aware. All messages that those running developed societies want you to accept as the normal. 

Btw have you noticed the vast majority of mixed race relationships always portray black male and white female? 

Interesting that these messages are becoming the norm in so called developed societies but not in RoW.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, impulse said:

After an extended absence from the USA, I noticed so many of the TV ads nowadays feature same sex and mixed race couples.

Probably far more than there are in real life, statistically. 

Seems like people are trying to be made feel guilty for the outrageous crime of being white and straight. 

Edited by Happy Grumpy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Good move by Hallmark to have their content reflect the diversity of the public after mistakenly and temporarily caving to an anti-gay hate group. 

That said, they have a shaky record on such matters.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/12/02/hallmarks-making-some-hanukkah-movies-only-problem-theyre-anti-semitic/

Hallmark’s making some Hanukkah movies. The only problem? They’re anti-Semitic.

These holiday specials are really Christmas movies with Jewish characters, and they draw on old, dangerous tropes

I find the explicit and veiled homophobic comments here despicable. In the USA we have legal same sex marriage now and even an openly gay married man among the frontrunners in a major party's nominating process. (I'm not a fan but it's still historic that he's doing so well.)

Yet the homophobes seem forever stuck in some kind of hateful retro past.

Sad. 

(Truth in posting -- the chances that I would actually watch ANY Hallmark channel content or advertising -- well, NONE!)

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

The 2 'people' in the photo, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to refer to them as women, as that might be massively offensive to some, as perhaps they demand to be known and referred to to as 'Gender Fluid Specimens of Life' and using a pronoun such as 'she' is committing a hate-crime. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

In life it is the things that people have in common that endear them to each other, not their differences.  Personally, I don't care what consenting adults wish to engage in and I do resent their constant push in the media, pressuring the business community to indoctrinate the public on their "preference".  I never hear a heterosexual beat his/her chest to proclaim their 'identity" by which set of sexual organs they wish to copulate with.  Why the LGTB community seems so insistent to focus who they are as a person based on their sexual preference is beyond me.  The normal self identity is by the person's occupation,  parenthood, philanthropic activities etc.  For the LGTB community I suggest that it is fine you have a sexual preference and are proud of it.  However, like your private parts they are termed "private" for a reason and when you take them out in public and wave them around it is obscene and when the group demands that their beliefs be shoved in peoples faces demanding that the public "love" their lifestyle too, it has gone too far.  What is next, ads featuring groups for those who prefer "group sex" or ads for swingers?  

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dap said:

Only reason they did an about face was the loss of a great deal of advertising $$$ :dry:

Well that could be a factor but I think it's more about their desire to be mainstream and to try to avoid offending the least number of people in their audience. At this point in time, more Americans are offended by discriminating against same sex married couples than those that support it.  There may indeed be a million hateful "Moms" going out of their way to erase images of married gay couples, but the silent majority of American Moms are not that mean spirited. 

Edited by Jingthing

9 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

All part of the political social indoctrination.

Media, entertainment, news, advertising etc, is a powerful tool that the state can harness to get messages across.

Same sex couples, with or without children, mixed race marriages, a healthy lifestyle, environmentally conscious and socially aware. All messages that those running developed societies want you to accept as the normal. 

Btw have you noticed the vast majority of mixed race relationships always portray black male and white female? 

Interesting that these messages are becoming the norm in so called developed societies but not in RoW.

Through the history of humanity a consistent certain percentage has being homosexual by nature,  By any definition of natural, I would consider that NATURAL. 

The political and social indoctrination since the end of the Hellenistic time has being that it is not normal where indeed it is normal, and has being a normal part of humanity since we came out of the caves. (well at least some of as did).

It is time we normalise it again, and I invite the rest of my Human brothers and Sister to also come out of the caves.

Come on  you would love the sunshine, and the water is fine.