Cleaning - Broom/Besom/Brush

Captor

besom n. term of contempt for a person, especially a woman

From Scots Word Of The Season: ‘Besom’

The Scots word besom most often refers to a woman — in less than glowing terms. Rather quaintly, the early twentieth-century definition provided by the Scottish National Dictionary adds that a besom may be ‘a woman of loose character’.

Besom can also be applied as a rather dubious term of endearment, for example in the phrase ‘wee besom’, which might be used of a mischievous young girl.

... so, you can pick one up at pretty much any bar.

11 minutes ago, donnacha said:

From Scots Word Of The Season: ‘Besom’

The Scots word besom most often refers to a woman — in less than glowing terms. Rather quaintly, the early twentieth-century definition provided by the Scottish National Dictionary adds that a besom may be ‘a woman of loose character’.

Besom can also be applied as a rather dubious term of endearment, for example in the phrase ‘wee besom’, which might be used of a mischievous young girl.

... so, you can pick one up at pretty much any bar.

Hahaha... OK let´s change word to Broom or floor broom ????

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

If your intention is outside use, most will use the bamboo stick with twigs, available from most garden type shops that sell pots and garden ornaments etc.

Image result for Thai outside sweeping brush

Yeah, ahve tried that. But they are all short! Nothing for a normal grown farang.

6 minutes ago, Captor said:

Have been there, Homepro too, different markets as well. Nothing.

On the Homepro webpage they show but nothing in the shop. Have been there 3-4 times. maybe just unlucky?

Yeah just realised you are looking for twigs tied to a stick...

Ive no suggestions.

8 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Looks very good. Maybe a little big with it´s 40 cm but definetly an option if I not find other place tomorrow. Thanks!

38 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

If your intention is outside use, most will use the bamboo stick with twigs, available from most garden type shops that sell pots and garden ornaments etc.

Image result for Thai outside sweeping brush

A lot of place in thailand have the vendor on the saleng (motorbike with sidecar) drive or pushcart around the village sell it. Like this....

They take the old one fix new also.

9A8C5808-F9FD-4510-9089-EF1A90BB7518.jpeg

07705415-3F60-4593-B404-5C6E72D38AEA.jpeg

1C335B8F-AB84-445F-BD0D-DFC42F0BDA39.jpeg

10 hours ago, CharlieH said:

The trouble with plastic bristles is twofold: the dust clings to them and their softness makes actually sweeping the dirt much more difficult than it needs to be.

This is a broom, but I have never been able to find one in Thailand.  Thai brooms turn sweeping into degrading stoop labor.

image.png.6825f0cffdc87eed275297354715485d.png

On 12/17/2019 at 11:55 PM, cmarshall said:

The trouble with plastic bristles is twofold: the dust clings to them and their softness makes actually sweeping the dirt much more difficult than it needs to be.

This is a broom, but I have never been able to find one in Thailand.  Thai brooms turn sweeping into degrading stoop labor.

I found one at Thai watsadu which I can make longer like a telescope. Not bad. I will try this out for some time. But I guess the best is a vacuumcleaner. Or both.

On 12/17/2019 at 11:55 PM, cmarshall said:

image.png.6825f0cffdc87eed275297354715485d.png

Yes, and not in full length. Only for pygmy´s.

Archived