How to fix arrival tourist stamp in my Thai born son's passport?

I wanted my son to have an American passport when we travel to America. My wife and I haven't gotten his Thai passport yet. We used the US passport to visit S.Korea last week. The immigration officer at the airport asked where his TM6 was, and I told him he was born in Thailand. He just shrugged his shoulders and stamped the book. When we can back I had to fill out an arrival card for him and that is stapled in his passport now.

He only received a 30 day stamp.

????????????

Edited by Bangkok or bust
Change

23 minutes ago, Bangkok or bust said:

He only received a 30 day stamp

Because he arrived as an American with an American passport. If you can prove he is Thai then that 30 day stay can be extended to one year at an immigration office.

To fix it you must get the child a Thai passport then leave the country using the American passport and then re-enter using the Thai passport. 

There are no consequences other than a possible overstay stamp for children.

16 minutes ago, Mr Smithy said:

Because he arrived as an American with an American passport. If you can prove he is Thai then that 30 day stay can be extended to one year at an immigration office.

To fix it you must get the child a Thai passport then leave the country using the American passport and then re-enter using the Thai passport. 

There are no consequences other than a possible overstay stamp for children.

I wonder if immigration will suggest the same thing. Leave it n tye American passport and re enter on the Thai.

We will get a Thai passport asap now and go to immigration. Thankfully I live in Nonthaburi and it's a breeze compared to CW.

Take your son's original Thai birth certificate and house book and also his mother and her Thai ID card. No need to wait for his Thai passport.

Your son will be able to get a 1 year extension of stay on the basis of being a Thai national. It will cost you 1,900 baht. Technically you need to do a TM30 and 90 Day reports for him.

The only way to resolve this is to fly out and then back in to Thailand, and use his Thai passport to enter the country next time.

• Like 2