Keep calling!: Public urged to report on overstaying foreigners as Brit arrested

webfact

33 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

You will get zero response in the US by reporting a known or suspected overstay. These tip lines "might" respond to a report of a crime. If petty crime, forget it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silencer said:

You will get zero response in the US by reporting a known or suspected overstay. These tip lines "might" respond to a report of a crime. If petty crime, forget it.

The point was it exists. What happens with the information is irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Another great day for Thailand. One moew person without permission to stay are caught. Immigration are starting to work like an Immigration Department should do.

Yesterday you said it was 1-0 to immigration.

Does this make it 2-0? 

Some who would prefer a more softly softly, less publicized approach might see it as 1-1.

This being another immigration own goal.

Rooster

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe it is being done out of kindness? Rounding up all and the strays who have no legitimate presence and eventually shipping them out? A reduction in foreign collateral damage in the event  civil war breaks out?

General tourists not a problem because presumably already having a ticket out they do their own  run for the  airports or  border crossings. Meanwhile those they can find  no immediate reason to  expel  must have  insurance . ( Note to self ....Must check out policy wording on civil unrest !). 555

6 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

Yesterday you said it was 1-0 to immigration.

Does this make it 2-0? 

Some who would prefer a more softly softly, less publicized approach might see it as 1-1.

This being another immigration own goal.

Rooster

Oooh! If I counted all the goals from day to day and summarized them, it would probably be 376-2 to Immigration. However, I did not want to do that, when such high number might create an overload of horrible responses from all our highly regarded aniti-authority members.

1 minute ago, Olmate said:

If the hobo had paid the right sling to IO he would have no worries still being here, that,s the point. Great song n dance means their missing their cut, that’s the difference here. No pay for stay backhanders in Oz. 

Do you know this for sure?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

plus the fact that some places have so many cameras that while you're out of your house you're constantly being viewed, if that's not a police state I don't know what is...

23 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I've no problem with them catching overstayers, but to claim it's a great day for Thailand is a bit over the top.

Probably a great day for you, but not for Thailand.

You really are a sad puppy.

I respect your opinion. In another thread before, a person suddenly started to talk about cats. Here you are of believing I am a dog??? Really??? Was it something I missed in the food this morning?

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I assume that must be because immigration are either incapable or too lazy to do the job themselves. Even though they now have an all-singing-all-dancing two-billion Baht biometric system that can pinpoint a foreigner before they even commit a crime.

Overstayers don't travel outside the country much so don't get near the system.

4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

suddenly started to talk about cats. 

I once brought a cat into Thailand before ... and she was clearly on overstay for a few month, if not years ... no one seemed to care!

Edited by RedPill
  • Haha 1

Funny some of the responses by posters making them appear ignorant. They making it seem like this is the only place on the planet wanting to remove illegals. There are numerous hotlines in the US to report illegal foreigners working that are not citizens or working with fake SSN's to get them deported.

41 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Why so odious?

You appear to revel in the misfortune of others. This overstayer being a case in point.

I do not revel in misfortune. This is to be considered a stupid act of no care or poor planning. So, yes! I revel in the stupidity of others.