Jump to content

Keep calling!: Public urged to report on overstaying foreigners as Brit arrested


webfact

Recommended Posts

Keep calling!: Public urged to report on overstaying foreigners as Brit arrested

 

3pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

 

Naew Na continued to quote immigration officials as saying that they were carrying out the orders of immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang in ridding the kingdom of illegal foreigners. 

 

Surin immigration commander Pol Col Kiratisak Kongkiatsiri "revealed" that he was following orders - especially those to catch overstaying foreigners in Thailand. 

 

In the latest arrest a 55 year old British man called James Flear was arrested in Surin on a 105 day overstay.

 

He was handed over to the Surin police. 

 

The report urged the public to report illegal foreigners on the 1178 hotline. 

 

Source: Naew Na

 

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-18
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, webfact said:

Keep calling!: Public urged to report on overstaying foreigners as Brit arrested

I assume that must be because immigration are either incapable or too lazy to do the job themselves. Even though they now have an all-singing-all-dancing two-billion Baht biometric system that can pinpoint a foreigner before they even commit a crime.

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I assume that must be because immigration are either incapable or too lazy to do the job themselves. Even though they now have an all-singing-all-dancing two-billion Baht biometric system that can pinpoint a foreigner before they even commit a crime.

As a guy who is enjoying the 'slow-life' here in this SE Asian country. I find it kinda unfortunate this place has such outspoken mentality towards removing 'foreigners.'

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Solinvictus said:

As a guy who is enjoying the 'slow-life' here in this SE Asian country. I find it kinda unfortunate this place has such outspoken mentality towards removing 'foreigners.'

'removing foreigners' - makes it sound like a zit that needs squeezing, to purge any excess cash puss.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, samsensam said:

 

i dont get that comparison at all, it is perfectly normal in any country for the authorities to prosecute and/or deport foreigners who break immigration, or any other, law. in doing this how can thailand be be compared to nazi germany? check your history perhaps?

Bounty hunter! New job description for Thai .

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Olmate said:

The new recruit then?

Can you explain why you need to make such a comment, or possibly highlight in my post where l was incorrect in stating that if you break the law you must deal with the consequences. Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Anotherv great day for Thailand. One moew person without permission to stay are caught. Immigration are starting to work like an Immigration Department should do.

Pussy on your mind perhaps?

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, samsensam said:

 

i dont get that comparison at all, it is perfectly normal in any country for the authorities to prosecute and/or deport foreigners who break immigration, or any other, law. in doing this how can thailand be be compared to nazi germany? check your history perhaps?

Catching overstayers ,is OK ,promoting the use of the public to report

them could be the beginning of a situation where the public are encouraged

to spy on each other, as in totalitarian states,a good example were the Starsi

in former Eastern Germany.

regards Worgeordie 

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Owiee said:

Can you explain why you need to make such a comment, or possibly highlight in my post where l was incorrect in stating that if you break the law you must deal with the consequences. Thank you

Your an ex class monitor too no doubt

Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Owiee said:

Really, that’s a bit over the top. It’s not hard. If you have overstayed you have broken the law end of story. How is does this compare with the Germany of the 1940’s. It’s not hard to apply for and obtain the appropriate visa, and if you don’t qualify for a visa then go home or go to a different Country where you do qualify. But if you overstay and then get yourself into trouble, it’s your fault and not the fault of the Government. 

I just hope the government would be as adamant about pollution and other problems.  Seems like immigration victories  is big news here

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

 

The report urged the public to report illegal foreigners on the 1178 hotline with premium 1OOO baths

Not forget.....

Wouild those baths be available in a soapy massage place?   LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites

Basically they asking wife’s and gf’s to dobb in their men. How else would anyone else know of someone’s visa situation.

 

good black mail ammunition , give me what I want or I call you in. You not pay enough and I call you in, you cheat on me and I call you in.

 

what ever happened to TM30 being bulletproof to catch all illegals ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Pity the poor wife that now has to return to Pattaya.

How do you know that? Do you have personal experience with his wife or the foreigner in question?

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Catching overstayers ,is OK ,promoting the use of the public to report

them could be the beginning of a situation where the public are encouraged to spy on each other, as in totalitarian states,a good example were the Starsi in former Eastern Germany.

regards Worgeordie 

Other totalitarian states setting examples include UK, Australia, NZ, USA, etc. etc.

 

https://www.gov.uk/report-immigration-crime

 

https://cxcentral.com.au/industry-news/call-centre-report-illegal-citizens/

 

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/contact/report-fraud

 

https://www.fairus.org/get-involved/how-report-illegal-immigrants

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Old Croc said:

What’s the reward for a illegal in Oz currently? I know a few and need a Xmas bonus.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The report urged the public to report illegal foreigners on the 1178 hotline

And this right here is a play right of the Chinese program. Report your neighbors or anyone from not in your area.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A reward will for sure prompt some false reports.

 

Upset a Thai or another foreigner you may have an unwelcome Immigration visit. 

 

They need to fine the reporter, if they find it was a false report with no merit!

 

Seems this is the new Thai governments response to all issues. They want people to report driving offenses with a reward as well. Next will be a reward for reporting anyone who speaks against the government. That will kill this forum and all free speech.

 

From "Land of Smiles", to Land of Snitches" 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Olmate said:

What’s the reward for a illegal in Oz currently? I know a few and need a Xmas bonus.

You get a warm handshake, a photo op with Morrison and Dutton and a discount membership to the conservative party.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

You get a warm handshake, a photo op with Morrison and Dutton and a discount membership to the conservative party.

And a Honalulu holiday ? Ok I’m in!

Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Catching overstayers ,is OK ,promoting the use of the public to report

them could be the beginning of a situation where the public are encouraged

to spy on each other, as in totalitarian states,a good example were the Starsi

in former Eastern Germany.

regards Worgeordie 

I don't have knowledge of the police in many countries but in the UK information provided by the public is an essential part of the law enforcement process.  It enables officers to spend their valuable time attending tasks where they are actually needed rather than simply patrolling looking for incidents.  Some may feel that there is no direct comparison between the British police and the various branches of the RTP.  It's Stasi by the way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...