Thailand Wants More First-Time Visitors as They Spend More

webfact

20 hours ago, steve187 said:

and then they say

then they want them to come back. 

why not look after the old first time visitors, the ones that come back year after year, or in fact the ones that don't leave

Simply because common sense and Thai authorities are just not compatible.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

How about last-time visitors? How do they fit in with TAT's grandiose marketing strategy?

The sad thing is that many first-time visitors almost automatically evolve into last-time visitors once they come to realize that they were only welcomed so their wallets could be emptied... with a smile. 

Shame on you, TAT, for now having made it official for the whole world to see that foreign tourists are regarded by Thailand as nothing but cash cows. 

and as well as the tourists, you have the 8000 odd very rich westerners who have the Elite Visa.

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

In my ten years I have maybe seen a handful of US families vacationing in Thailand.

Why fly 20 hours?

They mostly have timeshares and interest to go to Hawaii or Mexico for a beach resort experience that caters to families.

And if they want a true beach vacation why not Grand Cayman, Barbados or Turks and Caicos.   

I thought they wanted "numbers to go up"

What about: attract more 1st time visitors.

(how to focus on that specific group i don't know)

However, when actually do come, try to make them stay longer or return frequently

The way things are now, it's more like, please come 1 month, and then go....!!!

you come too many times already hahahaaaa

On 12/18/2019 at 2:34 PM, ThaiFelix said:

Hahaha this reminds me of my situation here in a small village in Isaan.  I'm told I am disliked by most of the locals here because I have been here too long and therefore quite knowledgeable of the tricks/scams etc the Thai wives pull on their farang husbands.

This horrifies me because its an indication that most of the villages support/condone such  thievery!

Nobody says  a word , my ex was screwing everyone, Learn Thai its ur only hope

Basically, they want tourists who have a clean and uninformed view of negatives regarding visiting Thailand. The extent to which the locals are unable to improve and reflect on what makes things fun and attractive without the lingering stench of the same old trinkets at times shady services that are unclear as to what to do after paying.

This reminds of how some schools actually prefer their new foreign teachers to be just that, ‘new.’ Never having had any prior experiences in Thailand and working with Thai people.

I just find both aspects of the same mentality. TIT.

Hahaha this reminds me of my situation here in a small village in Isaan.  I'm told I am disliked by most of the locals here because I have been here too long and therefore quite knowledgeable of the tricks/scams etc the Thai wives pull on their farang husbands.

This horrifies me because its an indication that most of the villages support/condone such  thievery!

Yeah that seems about right. And so, especially for those expats here who have been here for a very long time, we can see that this sort of reporting on the locals or even this sort of attitude of the locals is all too familiar. I would personally find one to be 'naive' to think otherwise if one were to disagree with the above examples being inaccurate.

7 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

Nobody says  a word , my ex was screwing everyone, Learn Thai its ur only hope

How would learning Thai help him? ????

I  have  as  little  as  possible to do with the villagers by  me, always ready to  point the finger yet first with the hand  out..............stuff em all............no I dont care about it, neither does the Wife

At one point it was promoted by the government 

After all, what's better? 100 First time tourists who spend 20% more, and never come back, or getting 100 tourists who spent a lot on the first round, to come back again, and again. ????

Why would any country try to increase new customers while not concentrating on bringing them back? Does that work for a restaurant? Or a country with a million restaurants?

On 12/18/2019 at 3:26 PM, Thomas J said:

Yes and I want to be 7"1" be able to dunk a basketball flatfooted and be married to Kate Upton but that ain't happening either.  Wanting something and what you get are two different things. 

TAT has been reading The Secret.  They're visualizing more first time tourists, the universe will respond. 

I used to have so many mates, plus their wives and families asking about visiting here. Now I advise them to go elsewhere. Spain, Vietnam, Perhaps Cambodia,  Blackpool would be more entertaining than trying to outfox the Idiots in control of Thailand.    Plus when my wife complains about the prices of food in a Thai market, then grows her her own produce, and vows never to pay those market prices again it say something. 

It is all about money, typicaal greedy Thai mind-set. 

Other factors such as value for money, safety, racism, pollutuon, extortion, fraud, human rights and so on simply do not matter.

A pigs ear lined with silk, filled with false smiles and plenty of. lies

On 12/18/2019 at 2:26 PM, unamazedloso said:

With thai massage, temples and thai resterants not to mention thai people all over the world no one really needs to go to thailand. Thais really dont get it do they? 

That said.. the bad wrap from all the families moving out of here, world renowned scammers, corruption, fake governments, etc, etc have taken care of anyone ever wanting to visit anyway.

Swallow your pride and protect the expats and long term stayers. They contribute all be it less with the fake ฿....

"They contribute all be it less with the fake ฿...."

No they don't contribute less! It's been said before but I'll say it again - a long term stayer will spend approximately 500,000 baht in a year here - how many tourists spend that on a holiday?

6 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

Yeah that seems about right. And so, especially for those expats here who have been here for a very long time, we can see that this sort of reporting on the locals or even this sort of attitude of the locals is all too familiar. I would personally find one to be 'naive' to think otherwise if one were to disagree with the above examples being inaccurate.

How would learning Thai help him? ????

Because then he could understand what the scammers were saying about him - the clever part is to not let them know you understand Thai - word gets round very quickly, especially in the smaller towns/villages!!!

18 hours ago, madmen said:

You came to Pattaya to swim? I do what the hot Russian babes do and grab a 20 baht ferry to the non Chinese side of koh larn 

You only have yourself to blame and you should have researched before choosing Pattaya 

Chooses pattaya? Are u off your ducking rocker? Wouldn't even consider that dump. A couple hours without research was all it took , you wouldn't catch me dead there, shouldn't have to take a ferry to find better water, nobody should. 

Dirty water, dirty air, dirty people. Door hit me in the ass when I got the <deleted> out of dodge. Feel sorry for those that bought there.

13 hours ago, kingdong said:

What happened to the proposed international airport in samui?

The people that own the current airport don't want one! Check the prices for a flight from Bangkok to Koh Samui with the price for a flight to Phuket (which is much further away, and you will understand! Or simpler - just Google "Who owns Koh Samui Airport?"

20 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Did it ever occur to you that when people choose a beach destination for a holiday, they not only want a nice beach, but also clean water to swim in? 

If a destination can't offer both, people go elsewhere.

and then throw in the unsafe air quality, it's really not a family tourist destination, now is it?

and still awaiting your responce as to the best mask for tourists to wear while visiting this world class destination!

cat got your tongue?????????

Then you've got to throw in the glowering, overweight, shabby expats enjoying the 9am-1pm happy hours on the Beach Road bars..........

16 hours ago, loong said:

They want a new customer base? But if they create a new customer base, that means they want those customers to come back again.

But when they come back again, won't they be repeat tourists ??????

New customer base per annum, doom brain.

Cah! You cal the Thais daft.....

2 hours ago, sambum said:

"They contribute all be it less with the fake ฿...."

No they don't contribute less! It's been said before but I'll say it again - a long term stayer will spend approximately 500,000 baht in a year here - how many tourists spend that on a holiday?

Hells bloody teeth.

39 million tourists (halve it if you dont believe it) piddle all over what 250k gnarled old pee artists spend in a year. Can nobody do multiplication in Thailand any more? There aren't enough grannies there to spend any amount that matters.

I suppose the lack of mathematical ability is Thailands fault as well.

On 12/19/2019 at 9:51 AM, josephbloggs said:

Yes of course that's why you're hated in your village, you just keep telling yourself that. 

I see your location is Bangkok.....so that would give you accurate, first hand knowledge of what people think of me in my village.  Thats interesting.

Archived