Thailand Wants More First-Time Visitors as They Spend More

webfact

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about just respecting ALL tourists and treating them ALL equally as guests whatever they spend, wherever they come from, and no matter how many times they visit? Putting the we-like-you-more-because-you-spend-more sends out a horrible vibe. Money money money! ????

9 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

And there we have it again, ladies and gentlemen. Repeat business is neither wanted nor appreciated in the Land of Fake Smiles. It's typical Thai economics: Milk your customers TODAY for all they're worth and don't worry about whether they might come back again tomorrow or not. It's such an incomprehensible, short-sighted attitude that it makes me scream.

They never give up do the, European, were the best thing since sliced bread a few years ago, then the Americans, then came the Russians!!  Then it was the Chinese, supposed to be the big spenders, but recently the Indians have arrived, spending B10,800 per day?? Hang on, let's try the newbie they might beat the lot of em, good bye old timers we are history..... ????????

4 hours ago, madmen said:

Stop swimming in Pattaya dude 

Did it ever occur to you that when people choose a beach destination for a holiday, they not only want a nice beach, but also clean water to swim in? 

If a destination can't offer both, people go elsewhere.

and then throw in the unsafe air quality, it's really not a family tourist destination, now is it?

and still awaiting your responce as to the best mask for tourists to wear while visiting this world class destination!

cat got your tongue?????????

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand will try to ease the pressure on tourism from a surging currency by targeting more first-time visitors because they are bigger spenders.

One wonders if they ever really stop to think, many of the first time visitors won't have the finances to spend copious amounts of money......LOL

15 hours ago, HeyHeyHey said:

Easier to scam and not aware of true costs

Repeat visitors or expats won't buy that lovely suit on behalf of tuk tuk driver recommendation

If you want more first time visitors fix the bloody immigration arrival situation... Having to wait 45 minutes just to get admitted will turn people off.

If you want  to know how its done then visit Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong

And <deleted> don't talk about it do it.

16 hours ago, webfact said:

“First-timers spend 10% to 20% more than repeat tourists and at the same time, we can build a new customer base,”

They want a new customer base? But if they create a new customer base, that means they want those customers to come back again.

But when they come back again, won't they be repeat tourists ??????

17 hours ago, webfact said:

The state agency’s goal is to increase first-time visitors to more than 10 million in 2020, or about a quarter of overall arrivals, from 10% now.

So they are looking at a 15% increase in a year ... ha bl@@dy ha ... sure that'll work. Was this the work of the Tarot Card reader they employed or still stats coming out of TAT's backside?

4 hours ago, madmen said:

You came to Pattaya to swim? I do what the hot Russian babes do and grab a 20 baht ferry to the non Chinese side of koh larn 

You only have yourself to blame and you should have researched before choosing Pattaya 

Do you think Pattaya water doesn’t circulate Koh Larn? I mean it’s only 7.5 k away.

16 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Yes and I want to be 7"1" be able to dunk a basketball flatfooted and be married to Kate Upton but that ain't happening either.  Wanting something and what you get are two different things. 

with a four foot wife with a flat head so you can rest your beer when getting a bj

15 minutes ago, Nip said:

More moronic tittle tattle ie boll○☆ from the TAT fake news department. I wonder is this section manned by those transferred to inactive posts?

THAT's were they all went !!!! Thank you, for clearing up one of Thailand's mysteries......:thumbsup:

16 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Yes and I want to be 7"1" be able to dunk a basketball flatfooted and be married to Kate Upton but that ain't happening either.  Wanting something and what you get are two different things. 

Just looked her up, and I have to concur. It would also be the best 20 seconds of her life.......:thumbsup:

Now they are finding out that more tourists from India doesn't mean more money being spent, because they only spend little money.

Solution is:- devalue the strong Baht to 55-60 Baht to the UK pound, and the equivalent to the Dollar,and Euro, and then the Western Tourists will come back.

17 hours ago, BestB said:

No they do not, they just get over charged and ripped off easier than the repeat ones ????

Yes but their fortune tellers told them that first time tourists spend more, but did not tell them why they don't come back!!! 5555????????????????

Had some clients over (most had never been here before) for a week at the beginning of December. They had an absolutely fantastic time. Unfortunately, they went down to the islands for a couple of days and got stung a few times. I'm sure they'll be back, but it's left something of a bitter taste in their mouths. These guys are big spenders, too. 

18 hours ago, webfact said:

“First-timers spend 10% to 20% more than repeat tourists and at the same time, we can build a new customer base,” Yuthasak Supasorn, governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, said in an interview in Bangkok on Tuesday.

And again a dream dreamed by a sick mind!
This time from the head of the TAT ... wow ...

17 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Hahaha this reminds me of my situation here in a small village in Isaan.  I'm told I am disliked by most of the locals here because I have been here too long and therefore quite knowledgeable of the tricks/scams etc the Thai wives pull on their farang husbands.

This horrifies me because its an indication that most of the villages support/condone such  thievery!

Quite the opposite in the Issan village where we are, hardly any farangs no scams or double pricing and I get on well with all my neighbours and shop keepers ???? 

1 hour ago, rtco said:

The state agency’s goal is to increase first-time visitors to more than 10 million in 2020, or about a quarter of overall arrivals, from 10% now.

So they are looking at a 15% increase in a year ... ha bl@@dy ha ... sure that'll work. Was this the work of the Tarot Card reader they employed or still stats coming out of TAT's backside?

No, more than that, they are looking at an increase of 150%

10% to 25% is 10x2.5

Absolutely true unfortunately, wanted your money; not you- just your money. Short time, as much as possible; Long time 400,000 to 800,000 on permanent deposit plus plus, then there are all the mothers and family telling her to get rid of that one we've had all his cash, marry up and this time get a super rich one. Bar girls are more honest, you pay for what you get, but it' a one time deal and they have the decency to smile and say thank you. OH Thailand greed is destroying you.... and the latest? they want to build a road bridge to Samui to enable lots more tourists. The island cannot handle what it already has; so many hotels, villas etc they are down to 40% in the busy season; greed on an industrial scale aka how to destroy paradise in 15 years.

Archived