Where is the best place to get a 1 year non-B with an active work permit?

Finally made it! Got a 1-year work permit, actually its closer to 13 months.

However, I need to renew the underlying visa, and would really like to avoid only getting 90 days now...

Penang did this for a contact of mine having the same setup, but what other decent options are there in the region?

Will bringing the WP-3 work permit booklet be enough, or do some stations require financials, invitation letters or anything else?

This is with my own company where I am one of two directors.

Edited by EbhB

1. Employment contract

2. Work permit in Thailand valid six months for Non-B multiple (must be director or major shareholder) 

3.Cover letter addressed to the Royal Thai Embassy requesting Non-immigrant B visa for the applicant.

4. Copy of the company’s registration/business license

5. Copy of the company’s list of shareholders

Only Penang and Kota Bahru issues multiple non-B in the region. 

Great, thanks!

All of the stuff that I've not got will easily be provided by my lawyer, guess its Penang then...

When we started the process HK was the clearly best option, but read that it changed to giving visas ONLY to people with WP-3.

Anyone know about the status in HK?

How long is left on the 'underlying visa'? If more than 14 days, go to your nearest Immigration Office with all your relevant paperwork (contract, plane tickets, bank statements, rental contract,  and as much of the kind of paperwork they like to see - they may not even as for it, but if you don't have it, they'll ask for it!!!) and they will (usually) change your extant visa for a Non-Immi B. I'd also say take along a member of the Personnel department from work to do the talking for you. 

Thanks IvorLott, but this is a newly minted, tiny company... 

I will consider taking that route, but as I also have a load of accounting to do for my other company in the EU combining that work with a few days in Penang might turn out more effective - and even cheaper! ????

17 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

1. Employment contract

2. Work permit in Thailand valid six months for Non-B multiple (must be director or major shareholder) 

3.Cover letter addressed to the Royal Thai Embassy requesting Non-immigrant B visa for the applicant.

4. Copy of the company’s registration/business license

5. Copy of the company’s list of shareholders

Only Penang and Kota Bahru issues multiple non-B in the region. 

17 hours ago, EbhB said:

Great, thanks!

All of the stuff that I've not got will easily be provided by my lawyer, guess its Penang then...

When we started the process HK was the clearly best option, but read that it changed to giving visas ONLY to people with WP-3.

Please see above...again ????

On 12/18/2019 at 8:49 PM, EbhB said:

Good question. I got my B-visa in HK last year (without a WP) after a recommendation from my lawyer and I was granted it, but I got a stern talking to and a bonus love-letter in my passport (below), so I'm not surprised to hear they're cracking down.

image.png.61625cc542fd4724d14f77c8385d2710.png

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tom in bangkok said:

Good question. I got my B-visa in HK last year (without a WP) after a recommendation from my lawyer and I was granted it, but I got a stern talking to and a bonus love-letter in my passport (below), so I'm not surprised to hear they're cracking down.

It all changed very abruptly, yes... 

Since I've got an active WP it then seems I could do it there? But Penang is probably both easier & cheaper...