Tobacco epidemic at turning point as male smoking rates stall: WHO

webfact

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Passive smoking 'kills 600,000' worldwide

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-11844169

I would not even respond to that guy any more. He just denied the death of about 2.5 million people. You seriously cannot get any lower than that if you tried. That is a notch below scum of the earth, holocaust denying territory. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

This is the worst post I have ever seen, not in Thaivisa, but in any forum. Ever! 

Are you seriously denying a single person has ever died from secondhand cigarette smoke? The number is at about 2.5 million. 

That is seriously getting up there with being something like a holocaust denier. 

I have a better link for you, someone you may get along really well with: https://youtu.be/VpwcF3Malj8

It's a moot argument and not really worth discussion.   There is a difference between correlation and causation.  It's splitting hairs, but it was part of what the tobacco companies used to keep their product on the shelves and selling.   We may never prove that smoking causes cancer, but the correlation eventually was strong enough to provide overwhelming evidence that the two were related.   

As we have seen with the recent vaping crisis, there seems to be some correlation between vaping and lung damage, but we don't know the cause.   Vitamin E acetate appears to be a big contributor, but again we have a relationship, but can't establish cause.   

12 minutes ago, Credo said:

As we have seen with the recent vaping crisis, there seems to be some correlation between vaping and lung damage, but we don't know the cause.   Vitamin E acetate appears to be a big contributor, but again we have a relationship, but can't establish cause. 

Nah there isn't. Just a bunch of US crackpots dying from drugoil.

Now even the shady corrupt CDC had to admit it: https://observer.com/2019/12/cdc-blames-vitamin-e-acetate-vaping-injuries/

THC oil vaped can be dangerous yes, that's why it's the only legal thing you can vape here - thai logic.

On 12/19/2019 at 12:46 AM, car720 said:

I have smoked for 55 years and my doctor tells me I am in excellent health with good heart and lungs.  

My Thai cardiologist told me the same after passing an EKG and stress test on a Friday.  I insisted on some more tests, and I had a quadruple bypass that next Monday.

Thinking I was a victim of Thai incompetence, I asked my brother's heart transplant surgeon in the USA and he confirmed that standard tests miss a big percentage of cardiopulmonary problems.  Live and learn, and pay attention to symptoms so you can demand additional tests.

Edited by impulse

7 hours ago, impulse said:

My Thai cardiologist told me the same after passing an EKG and stress test on a Friday.  I insisted on some more tests, and I had a quadruple bypass that next Monday.

Thinking I was a victim of Thai incompetence, I asked my brother's heart transplant surgeon in the USA and he confirmed that standard tests miss a big percentage of cardiopulmonary problems.  Live and learn, and pay attention to symptoms so you can demand additional tests.

What additional tests did you insist on? 

Do you still smoke?

14 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

This is the worst post I have ever seen, not in Thaivisa, but in any forum. Ever! 

Are you seriously denying a single person has ever died from secondhand cigarette smoke? The number is at about 2.5 million. 

That is seriously getting up there with being something like a holocaust denier. 

I have a better link for you, someone you may get along really well with: https://youtu.be/VpwcF3Malj8

Lots of derogatory words but not one single word of proof.

8 hours ago, impulse said:

Agreed and solid advise.  I, however, have been tested by many doctors in many different countries, because I used to have TB, but all the same results.