Thailand welcome its 38.26 millionth tourist to the Kingdom

rooster59

38.26-millionth-tourist-1.jpg

Bangkok, 20 December 2019 – Thailand welcomed its 38.26 millionth tourist to the Kingdom today, a record high for the country that surpasses last year’s 38.17 million arrivals.

Travelling from Mumbai, India, Miss Devanshi Deepak Kesaria along with three friends arrived on Spice Jet flight SG081 at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport to a pleasant surprise. The group travelled to Thailand for the first time, with plans to enjoy travel experiences in Bangkok and Pattaya.

38.26-millionth-tourist-2.jpg

After clearing immigration, she was invited to a welcome ceremony and was greeted by senior officials and VIPs from Thailand’s tourism industry, including the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), Suvarnabhumi Airport, Immigration Bureau and Thai Airways International.

Mr. Tanes Petsuwan, TAT Deputy Governor for Marketing Communications, said, “On behalf of TAT, I am delighted that Thailand remains the preferred destination among world travellers and has once again achieved a new record high number of arrivals this year with already 38.26 million arrivals as of 20 December.

“But good news is still to come. Thailand is expected to welcome the 39 millionth tourist on 27 December, or in a week from now.”

A ‘Luckiest Visitor’ jacket was presented to Miss Devanshi in addition to a certificate commemorating the occasion, round-trip economy air tickets for two between her original destination and Thailand valid for one year, and a five-night accommodation voucher.

She also received gifts and souvenirs from representatives from Suvarnabhumi Airport, the Thai Tourist Police, and Immigration Bureau. She was then whisked away to their hotel in Bangkok in an exclusive airport limousine provided by Thai Airways International.

38.26-millionth-tourist-3.jpg

TAT and the public and private sector partners initiated the “Thailand’s Luckiest Visitor, The Amazing Smashing Success” project back in June 2015, starting with welcoming the 13 millionth tourist. The project has since been carried on every year.  

In Main Photo (from left to right):
Mr. Klissada Ratanapruk, TAT Executive Director for ASEAN, South Asia and South Pacific Region;
Mr. Kittipong Sarnsomboon, Director of Brand and Marketing Communication Department for Thai Airways International;
Mr. Tanes Petsuwan, TAT Deputy Governor for Marketing Communications;
Miss Devanshi Deepak Kesaria, the 38.26 millionth visitor to Thailand;
Mr. Chattan Kunjara Na Ayudhya, TAT Deputy Director for International Marketing – Asia and the South Pacific;
Pol. Gen. Prasart Kemaprasit, Deputy Commander, Immigration Bureau 2;
Mr. Kittiya Kontong, Executive Vice President and Deputy General Manager of Suvarnabhumi Airport;
Mr. Tapun Majumdar, Security Supervisor, Spice Jet Limited

Source: https://www.tatnews.org/2019/12/thailand-welcome-its-38-26-millionth-tourist-to-the-kingdom/

TAT News: 2019-12-21

4 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

You've got to understand. All business and first class tickets were already allocated as free gifts to local politicians and assorted bigwigs and their families/entourages.

That still leaves Prawits  entire  jet available though?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, zydeco said:

Why the significance of this number? Doesn't seem to make any sense. Or were they waiting for the first Indian they could find? Trying to make sure no farang was selected.

Yes, does seem a strange number to select the lucky winner. And still a fair way off, and lots of arrivals before end of year.

Far be it from me to be cynical, but Indians are the target saviors of the tourist industry, and here are 3 nice Indian ladies visiting Thailand. Too good a set of coincidences to miss! Note the men holding the microphones in the main photo - any look Indian to you? Just happened to be passing did they?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

If the headline were honest, it would read Thailand welcomes its 38.26 millionth ARRIVAL to the kingdom. Counting every person who arrives, including Thais who have been overseas and come home as a tourist distorts the figures to the point that they have no value. The arrival card has a section for you to write the purpose of your visit. Until they count only those with a tick in the tourist box, their numbers are a joke.

Are we absolutely sure that they dont? I raised this point before, that the information was on the back of the TM6 but of course got no response other than hoots of derision.

It would seem pointless printing it if it wasn't for a purpose.

27 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

There is ample, undeniable, and incontrovertible proof to verify this claim.

Yesterday I was able to personally count 4,183,017 Indian tourists in Bangkok alone. I further interviewed 671,469 of these Indian tourists and found that each one intended to stay through the New Year, and planned to spend an average of 41,650.00 Baht per person….per day. Truly spectacular news.

Obviously the brilliant and incisive minds at TAT deserve overwhelming praise for yet another momentous and historic victory.

Do you have a work permit? 

I suspect that sort of "creative statistical analysis" is reserved for Thais (employed by TAT)!

????

Edited by JAG
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Are we absolutely sure that they dont? I raised this point before, that the information was on the back of the TM6 but of course got no response other than hoots of derision.

It would seem pointless printing it if it wasn't for a purpose.

I've never filled any of the questions in whatsoever. They must need to add me into their figures for the past twenty years.

Are the questions still on the back of the smaller TM6 cards?

1 hour ago, Hayduke said:

There is ample, undeniable, and incontrovertible proof to verify this claim.

Yesterday I was able to personally count 4,183,017 Indian tourists in Bangkok alone. I further interviewed 671,469 of these Indian tourists and found that each one intended to stay through the New Year, and planned to spend an average of 41,650.00 Baht per person….per day. Truly spectacular news.

Obviously the brilliant and incisive minds at TAT deserve overwhelming praise for yet another momentous and historic victory.

You forgot to add that all 4,183,017 of them were first-time visitors. You know, those who according to TAT can be fleeced easier spend more than the unwanted repeat tourists (caws no too mutt). 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

You can tell when the panic is really hitting home when we have to read this BS on  daily basis...

they think if they say it often enough we will believe it!

• Thanks 1

With India being the newest savior of Thailand's tourist problem, I am not surprised that

some of their citizens were picked for this latest TAT  Public Relations photo

op.  Way to go Totally Tropical Thailand, you bunch of Jungle bunnies are sure

doing well in the TAT department of your country.

Geezer

• Like 1