Ufkc

bergen

I am proud to announce that UFKC - Ubon Farang Knitting Club - is now active!

Despite the name, this is a social club, that aim to do good things for both Farangs and Thais!

Among many other things, helping lonely Uboners to socialize is one goal.

We will have information stands in both BIG C and Tesco/Lotus today and all next week, and after that we will tour the province's smaller towns.

Smiling courses will be held regularly on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the

"Sitting Duck" restaurant's VIP room!

For those interested, or if you have "friend" ............the first 10 who PMs me will get a one year free membership.

The membership also includes Happy Hour all day prices in Sitting Duck.

Edited by bergen

Hi Bergen

You won't get many takers for the knitting club. The weather's too hot for that, the only one's wearing jumpers are the thais in the colder winter months. However, they may wish to enroll for membership. I could see you surrounded by a load of Isaan ladies teaching them how to knit a polo neck.

The lessons in smilling well that's a good one there should be plenty of farangs encouraged to join to learn how to smile. It is currently somewhat difficult to find people to be friends with in Ubon especially when you read how well the other farangs in neighbouring provices/towns seem to keep in touch and keep up a happy dialogue. Not so here unfortunately there is no consistency to the forum on our side or lack of willing participants I don't know which.

So you will be on to a winner with the USWC (Ubon Smile Wide Club) but UKC might take time!.

:o

Cheers matey.

Jay

ps.. Bergen, have you thought of putting any clips of your resort up on www.youtube.com or directly on your website as it could be another way of promoting business up there. If you do manage to put a few VDO's up let me know as I'm sure it is very nice there and i'd like to take a look.

I am proud to announce that UFKC - Ubon Farang Knitting Club - is now active!

Despite the name, this is a social club, that aim to do good things for both Farangs and Thais!

Among many other things, helping lonely Uboners to socialize is one goal.

We will have information stands in both BIG C and Tesco/Lotus today and all next week, and after that we will tour the province's smaller towns.

Smiling courses will be held regularly on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the

"Sitting Duck" restaurant's VIP room!

For those interested, or if you have "friend" ............the first 10 who PMs me will get a one year free membership.

The membership also includes Happy Hour all day prices in Sitting Duck.

Hey Bergen,

I have already seen a lot of people wearing the club T-shirt and other apparel - although they got the spelling wrong...

post-21307-1175488881.jpg

This was meant to be an April fools joke :bah:

However, because of all :bah: the PMs I got, some :D action might follow. :o

To those who wonder where the Sitting Duck is, if heading to the big rooster, - you might not be on the wrong way :D:D:D