Samoeng Loop Scooter Run on Xmas Day

Stubby

Howdy, forum.

Usually, on Christmas morning, I head off around the Samoeng Loop in the clockwise direction (Mae Hia). 

I usually go it alone, but thought I’d invite others along this year if anyone’s interested. It’ll be a nice treat for those who’s never been before. I plan on an early-ish start between 7:30–8:00 am at the latest. A warm jacket and gloves are a must-have at that time of day.

There are no plans or timetable other than a refuel in Samoeng. Oh yeah, and lunch perhaps at the Pongyang Angdoi Restaurant if it's not too busy. 

Anyone’s welcome to join me, be they man, woman, or beast. It is a scooter run, though. Folks with bigger, more powerful bikes would probably find the pace painfully slow.

Best regards,

Stubby

We make the loop run at least once a month. It's a delightfully comfortable ride that gives us a chance to get away from computers, traffic, and phones, and have a nice chat as we ride along. (We use bike-to-bike duplex helmet communicators.)

This past Saturday morning there was virtually no traffic. The air was cleanest we've ever seen, and the view from the overlook at the Samoeng Forest gazebo magnificent!

Enjoy your ride!

Samoeng1.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CMlife said:

No info on where to meet and how to pick out the group if there is one?

Will post details if anyone is interested, CMLife. But it will be somewhere on Canal road at Mae Hia.

2 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

We make the loop run at least once a month. It's a delightfully comfortable ride that gives us a chance to get away from computers, traffic, and phones, and have a nice chat as we ride along. (We use bike-to-bike duplex helmet communicators.)

This past Saturday morning there was virtually no traffic. The air was cleanest we've ever seen, and the view from the overlook at the Samoeng Forest gazebo magnificent!

Enjoy your ride!

Samoeng1.jpg

Great pic, FolkGuitar ????