Money debited from BKK Bank account!

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I've had no money dispensed, but the bank wasn't concerned and just said the money would not have been deducted from my account. It wasn't. A common occurrence here I suppose. I don't know about elsewhere as I rarely use my UK card back home.

Not a common occurrence but you are right the bank balance won't be debited. Regardless of the urban myths the Thai banking system is quite safe. People may steal but computers rarely do.

20 minutes ago, BenCrew said:

UPDATE: I have just in the last 10 minutes received a credit from 'BE1STSMART' who debited the money. 

I am delighted to say that they have reimbursed me the full flight cost of 35,885 Baht, which is about 5,000 Baht more than was debited by them originally! Result! 

Thanks to all for advice and input on this topic. It's the first time anything like that has happened to me, and hopefully, the last. Happy New Year! ????????

Have you followed up on who BE1SMART may be?

3 hours ago, BenCrew said:

UPDATE: I have just in the last 10 minutes received a credit from 'BE1STSMART' who debited the money. 

I am delighted to say that they have reimbursed me the full flight cost of 35,885 Baht, which is about 5,000 Baht more than was debited by them originally! Result! 

Thanks to all for advice and input on this topic. It's the first time anything like that has happened to me, and hopefully, the last. Happy New Year! ????????

Withdraw it all they will come back for there mistake

14 hours ago, BenCrew said:

I asked Bangkok Bank to replace my old card, for the sole reason of booking flights home.

The 'Be 1st Smart' card is the one they gave me, it's not like I had options. ????

You do have an option. BKK Bank also has a Mastercard for an additional B100.

23 hours ago, soalbundy said:

That's why I only use the debit card for ATM withdrawals. The only online transactions with my German bank account is to send money to my Thai account via Transferwise and that requires a TAN generator to produce a TAN number. Never use a credit card, in fact I refused the offer of one from my German bank. It is sad that one has to be so careful these days, using a credit card and debit card could make life so much easier if there wasn't so much fraud about, for me cash is king.

Open an online account (no card)  then transfer your cash from your ATM card account to it, then there is not ATM card account to steal from.. transfer on app as needed then ATM it,,,,

22 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, by all means. Do not live in the 21th century. You forgot to state that the best option is to sew the money into your matress in your home country, and then travel back and forth with it in your pockets.

Childish response! Carry on your way!

On 12/26/2019 at 6:59 AM, Jeffrey346 said:

Take a photo of the back of the card.. Now scratch the 3 digit pin code off.

This insures no one will be able to use your card online.  

A very good idea but a word of caution your bank may not like it so check with them first, it will give them the benefit of doubt.

On 12/25/2019 at 3:35 PM, BenCrew said:

Anybody have the bad experience of checking their bank account, and finding a large sum of money missing?

Recently went to the ATM, and at the end of the transaction on seeing my balance displayed, I realised that a decent amount of money was missing. I came home and checked online.

There were two seperate debits totalling nearly 30,000 Baht!  Happy Xmas to you too! Went to my local branch, and now they are looking into it. There should be an outcome within 7 days. Anybody had this happen to them? If so, what was the outcome?

Hello Bencrew, just a thought but when you booked your flights and clicked pay was there a point where, as nothing happened immediately you thought you had not pressed hard enough on the button and clicked it again?

If you did there is a chance that you were charged twice, 

However Any credit card transaction will be recorded by the bank by time and date so your statement will show this and any transaction From an ATM at the bank will also be recorded by camera

by time, date and pictures and the bank will keep them for a time so you should ask to see any vids on or around the time to check for a family member or someone using your card at the recorded time of withdrawal.

Goodluck I hope all will be resolved in your favour

On 12/26/2019 at 2:46 PM, emptypockets said:

A ' large sum'? And you can't do anything until the end of January. Unbelievable. Plenty you can do. Don't you have the lawyers private phone number. No bank managers phone number? You are a very trusting person.

Meant 30th dec,have never had problem before,hopefully sorted then.

7 hours ago, Janner1 said:

Hello Bencrew, just a thought but when you booked your flights and clicked pay was there a point where, as nothing happened immediately you thought you had not pressed hard enough on the button and clicked it again?

If you did there is a chance that you were charged twice, 

However Any credit card transaction will be recorded by the bank by time and date so your statement will show this and any transaction From an ATM at the bank will also be recorded by camera

by time, date and pictures and the bank will keep them for a time so you should ask to see any vids on or around the time to check for a family member or someone using your card at the recorded time of withdrawal.

Goodluck I hope all will be resolved in your favour

The matter was resolved the day after. The money happily appeared back in my bank account. I have received no communication from the bank nor the airline. I don't understand what happened, it has never happened before, it wasn't an ATM transaction, it was all about the flight booking. It looks like Bangkok Bank debited the money because the code was BE1STSMART on my online statement. Why? I'll never know.

On 12/26/2019 at 9:44 AM, soalbundy said:

That's why I only use the debit card for ATM withdrawals. The only online transactions with my German bank account is to send money to my Thai account via Transferwise and that requires a TAN generator to produce a TAN number. Never use a credit card, in fact I refused the offer of one from my German bank. It is sad that one has to be so careful these days, using a credit card and debit card could make life so much easier if there wasn't so much fraud about, for me cash is king.

Me too, i NEVER use a card for payment in Thailand. Only use my debit card for ATM withdrawal twice  a month, then it goes back in the safe. Pay cash for everything. That's why i love Lazada, COD for all purchases.

Edited by Henryford