Visa Extension at CW yesterday

original Non-O

I also forgot to add that up until the day before I went, I never updated the original TM30 that was filed back in July. And I have been in and out of the country many times. So it seems they are not back checking it for compliance.

46 minutes ago, phkauf said:

original Non-O

I also forgot to add that up until the day before I went, I never updated the original TM30 that was filed back in July. And I have been in and out of the country many times. So it seems they are not back checking it for compliance.

CW is not asking for TM30’s for travel inside Thailand. If you return from an international trip they want you to file a TM30.

23 minutes ago, Martyp said:

CW is not asking for TM30’s for travel inside Thailand. If you return from an international trip they want you to file a TM30.

I'm in out of Thailand every fortnight. 

My last extension 12 month based on retirement in October,  tm30 was not required at CW (maybe just that io).

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

My last extension 12 month based on retirement in October,  tm30 was not required at CW (maybe just that io).

Sorry, so are you saying you have a lot of international travel, did your latest extension at CW two months ago in October, didn't file any TM30s during the year, and weren't asked about TM30 at all for your extension visit???

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

In October my landlord filed a TM30 for me when I returned from the US. She specifically ask about travel inside and outside Thailand and got the advice about international travel. A couple of weeks later I got my 1 year extension. I included my recent TM30 with my documents. They took the TM30 receipt but there was no conversation about it. I had two trips inside Thailand in August for which I didn’t file a TM30 and there was never any mention about them. 

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Sorry, so are you saying you have a lot of international travel, did your latest extension at CW two months ago in October, didn't file any TM30s during the year, and weren't asked about TM30 at all for your extension visit???

So my plan was this regarding tm30. Never file one until last reentry just prior to attending CW for annual extension. In October I asked my condo to file. TM30. First in 7 years and had print out with me.

When dealing with io, first thing she wanted was my banking and letter etc. I use the 800k. She then worked through the docs. Basically was all finished and I produced the tm30. She did not even glance at it. Pushed it back with comment "you keep". Already had 6 trips out of Los since. Will do one tm30 last reentry just prior to next extension. Don't anticipate it being needed.

29 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

This is my experience as well. The initial TM30 was filed by my landlord in July, I have traveled both in Thailand and internationally multiple times and never filed a TM30 until the night before I went for renewal (nearly 30 days after I entered the country btw). 

Absolutely Zero mention of it by the officer and I never gave them anything related to the TM30. It's as if it doesn't exist.

32 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There's no health insurance requirement of any kind relating to Non-O visas or extensions of stay from Non-O visas... So there's no reason anyone would have raised the insurance issue with you.

Exactly, but it seems that people are still worried about it for some reason.

4 minutes ago, phkauf said:

and never filed a TM30 until the night before I went for renewal

Except you had actually filed one.... the night before you went to Immigration.

In my experience, CW was never very strict about the timing of the TM30 filing following international travel, as long as you'd done one by the time you went for your extension....

Whether they've now backed off that even further to the point of disregarding the whole issue would be interesting to know!

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So my plan was this regarding tm30. Never file one until last reentry just prior to attending CW for annual extension. In October I asked my condo to file. TM30. First in 7 years and had print out with me.

When dealing with io, first thing she wanted was my banking and letter etc. I use the 800k. She then worked through the docs. Basically was all finished and I produced the tm30. She did not even glance at it. Pushed it back with comment "you keep". Already had 6 trips out of Los since. Will do one tm30 last reentry just prior to next extension. Don't anticipate it being needed.

Thanks for clarifying... So you're basically in the same boat at Ph.. in that you both had a filing done shortly prior to your visit to Immigration..

The acid test, on the other hand, would be someone with international travel who has NOT done the TM30 at all and then goes to Immigration, and what happens then?