O-A Visa health insurance

SoSoCNX

Insurance company rejected an application because Physician Examination Report was done at the clinic.(English speaking expat agent do not specify hospital requirement!). 

#1.  Lost Time

#2. Lost Money 

#3  Insurance Company LOST current and potential customer(s). No more car, bike and house insurance with them 

I presume you are referring to the physical examination screening for applicants to subscribe to an IO thai-approved health-insurance policy now required on extension of your Non Imm OA - retirement Visa.

A somewhat alternative point of view.

>> Lucky for you that the application was rejected by the insurance-company!

They actually denied you subscribing to the expensive and basically worthless bogus thai-approved health-insurance scam.

I will PM you a roadmap on how to convert from an OA - retirement Visa to an O - retirement Visa.  Requirements and conditions for both Visa are identical, with the exception that the Non Imm O - retirement Visa does not require the bogus insurance.

The whole conversion process will cost you max 7.000 THB, and the money you saved by not subscribing to this insurance scam can then be spent on decent health-insurance (if you are not well-insured already).

Happy XMas!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2019 at 3:02 PM, Peter Denis said:

I presume you are referring to the physical examination screening for applicants to subscribe to an IO thai-approved health-insurance policy now required on extension of your Non Imm OA - retirement Visa.

A somewhat alternative point of view.

>> Lucky for you that the application was rejected by the insurance-company!

They actually denied you subscribing to the expensive and basically worthless bogus thai-approved health-insurance scam.

I will PM you a roadmap on how to convert from an OA - retirement Visa to an O - retirement Visa.  Requirements and conditions for both Visa are identical, with the exception that the Non Imm O - retirement Visa does not require the bogus insurance.

The whole conversion process will cost you max 7.000 THB, and the money you saved by not subscribing to this insurance scam can then be spent on decent health-insurance (if you are not well-insured already).

Happy XMas!

Hello. Can you advice a good insurance company ? I also want to make a health insurance. Not for visa requirements. I want to make it for my safety. 

58 minutes ago, kiever said:

Hello. Can you advice a good insurance company ? I also want to make a health insurance. Not for visa requirements. I want to make it for my safety.

Hi Kiever,

From the thai insurance companies it seems that PacificCross offers policies that are worthwhile.

But @Sheryl for sure will be able to give you good advice on the options.

As I am well-covered in my home-country, I make use of travel-insurance to cover the risk of any serious accidents/illnesses while staying in Thailand.  Travel-insurance typically covers any accident/illness that needs immediate treatment, as well as re-patriation when required.  That's a perfect solution for me, but of course the options are different depending on circumstances (nationality / residence / insurance options in home-country / etc.)

Pacific Cross accepted my medical checkup info that was compiled at a private clinic in Chiang Mai.  They told me as long as a doctor completed the form it was ok.  The doc signed the form and provided certification (doctor's) number.

10 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi Kiever,

From the thai insurance companies it seems that PacificCross offers policies that are worthwhile.

But @Sheryl for sure will be able to give you good advice on the options.

As I am well-covered in my home-country, I make use of travel-insurance to cover the risk of any serious accidents/illnesses while staying in Thailand.  Travel-insurance typically covers any accident/illness that needs immediate treatment, as well as re-patriation when required.  That's a perfect solution for me, but of course the options are different depending on circumstances (nationality / residence / insurance options in home-country / etc.)

travel insurances covers up to 3 months in my home country therefore i want to buy a health insurance in thailand. what about axa ? i dont need it for my visa, i only want to have for my own safety.

20 minutes ago, kiever said:

travel insurances covers up to 3 months in my home country therefore i want to buy a health insurance in thailand. what about axa ? i dont need it for my visa, i only want to have for my own safety.

@TallGuyJohninBKK / @Sheryl for sure can provide you with some worthwhile thai health-insurance policy options.

4 hours ago, kiever said:

1. How old are you?

2. Do you have any pre-existing conditions?

3. Do you live full time in Thailand? If not, how many months a year usually?

4. Are you planning in permanently retiring in Thaialnd/

As all these affect recommendation for insurance

Archived