Shopping For A Bath Tub

hellohello

We are designing a big Bali-Thai style bathroom. Im considering a wooden Thai style tub, like this.

What are your thoughts? material, cleaning of, longevity......

Btw the way the house is a Thai / farang wooden house with "cotman" cement bathroom. The style of this tub would fit, but im worried about the material.

AND any ideas where I can buy one -- perhaps in the north?

Kindly, HH

post-7678-1175419370.jpg

Edited by hellohello

We are designing a big Bali-Thai style bathroom. Im considering a wooden Thai style tub, like this.

Btw the way the house is a Thai / farang wooden house with "cotman" cement bathroom. The style of this tub would fit, but im worried about the material.

Kindly, HH

HelloHello we are the..... oops my mind was wandering.

Saw these for sale recently in Pattay in one of the commercial hardware places - it was either Home Work or Home Mart

I think they are made in China (isnt everything)

Japanese "O-furo" for sure. Doesn't look too comfortable for long immersions

What are the advantages of using wood? Most know the disadvantages.

It took me years to be weaned off cast iron and glazed bathtubs into modern materials such as fiberglass that are very easy to maintain and the tubs are cast with furniture shapes in the bottom so you can be comfortable. Most are fitted with jets for massage purposes.

Walk through Homepro and take a look at the variety available before you make your final decision.

Kindly, HH

My Brother had a woodenstyle hot tub similar to the one shown 6 years ago in Reno Nevada & after 3 years of treating the algie funk & sealing it every year i persuaded him to let me put in a fiberglass tub & it is problem free& never developes weird odors that wood picks up. Especially if you intend on using warm or hot water in it!

Fiberglass & it is spot clean in 2 minutes of soft scrubbing. At Homeworks they have an awesome tub VARIOL

TBF130 for 10,270baht dimensions cm168 x 32cm if you have the space. this will be the tub I get when we start to build. Good luck Beardog