Sensational Google News

LaoPo

Google announces free in-home wireless broadband service

"Dark porcelain" project offers self-installed plumbing-based Internet access

excerpts from the message on Google:

Users who sign up online for the TiSP system will receive a full home self-installation kit, which includes a spindle of fiber-optic cable, a TiSP wireless router, installation CD and setup guide. Home installation is a simple matter of GFlushing™ the fiber-optic cable down to the nearest TiSP Access Node, then plugging the other end into the network port of your Google-provided TiSP wireless router. Within sixty minutes, the Access Node's crack team of Plumbing Hardware Dispatchers (PHDs) should have your internet connection up and running.

"I couldn't be more excited about, and am only slightly grossed out by, this remarkable new product," said Marissa Mayer, Google's Vice President of Search Products and User Experience. "I firmly believe TiSP will be a breakthrough product, particularly for those users who, like Larry himself, do much of their best thinking in the bathroom."

I signed up immedately for the TiSP service ! I suggest everyone who doesn't have -yet- wireless BROADBAND service, does the same !

http://www.google.com/tisp/press.html

LaoPo