Mine's Big, Really Big, and I'm Proud of It. How Big is Yours?

Kelsall

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Zero - it’s easy enough to ignore the trolls & idiots or choose to either ignore or discuss issues with posters who’s opinions I don’t agree with. 

It’s healthy to read the opinions of others. 

Only those incapable of ignoring the obvious trolls & idiots or incapable og entering intelligent discussion may be compelled to use the ignore function.

Or perhaps those who only want to read what they agree with from likeminded posters utilise the list to filter out those of frequently differing options, kind of like only watching your favorite news channel to confirm your bias. 

Yep, I am working along the same lines, and I even manage to cope with silently disappearing posts.

2 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I looked at  this thread  expecting some  clever play on the tile wording  or perhaps the  obvious.

But......sad.

OK, you asked for it. Microscope, tweezers and pepper. Can you work it out from there?

I have blocked two members after seven years.

One disappeared and the other one is still blocked.

That member called me a child molester on this forum. Not "maybe you are", not as a joke. He flat out said "I was a child molester."

That was a year ago. The mods removed the comment very quickly.

And now he has been trolling me to death in the POTY topic.

Unfortunately there is a flaw in the blocking software that lets you see the blocked person comment if they are quoted by someone else. I posted some background on my life and career and he flat out said I was a liar. He even Googled the names of the people I had mentioned and made up total BS about them. What motives people like that?  

I guess it is like trying to understand what motivates a serial killer.

The strange thing is I don't know this person at all. I never said anything to him, don't know anything about him. He just loves to attack people. 

Anyway I feel better now Doctor, thank you .  

3 hours ago, Samuel Smith said:

25 on mine.  Thought it would be more.  Those on it are the usual suspects,  Trolls, deniers, thai defenders, idiots & those that argue with their own shadow.  Life is too short to read the cr@p they post.

what is a Thai defender exactly?

The bigger the list the bigger d bag you probably are. I have just 1 in nine years. Guess who??  I bet the ones with the long lists are probably the biggest tattle tales as well and thin skinned. You know the ones who love to give it out but are complete cowards at taking it. 

On 12/28/2019 at 11:36 PM, Nakmuay887 said:

what is a Thai defender exactly?

It is a guy who plays in front of the goalkeeper, trying to protect him from incoming shots...

If he plays for the Thai national team, then he is a Thai defender...

27 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

What's the point of this ? Like most other human beings I associate with/correspond with people I like, and avoid those I don't like. 

Cyber Bullying is a increasing cause of suicide in young people all over the world. 

Even at 64 I am sick to death of the horrible treatment some people here are subjected to. I see all the time. 

I want to contruibe to the forum in peace but the haters here are vicious. 

Anyway that is my opinion. Everyone is having a different experience here and in life.  I respect everyone's right to speak. 

Happy New Year everyone.  

Had to do some research to find out what an "ignore list" is, obviously then mine is empty. So have a go at me if you wish. I reported a couple of times some blunt insults and they got dealt with, one way or the other. I guess some people use "confused" or "sad" emoticons to express disagreeing opinions, which is fine with me. I had also quite a few posts, which didn't break any rules that just disappeared, but I guess that's just another issue altogether. Some people just can't stand inferences..

Didn't know there was an ignore function or a blocked list. Wouldn't have used them anyway. My thoughts are that a forum is a place for healthy debate, and knowledge sharing discussion. If everybody blocked someone with an opposing point of view then the forum should disband. What would be the point of its existence?

There are enough members of the Thai bashing/circular backslapping club that opinions from a different perspective are refreshing.

I guess I'm on a few peoples lists but honestly I simply do not care as fortunately there are still enough adults who have different views keep the forum interesting.

So to answer the OP, my ignore and blocked lists have never been used and never will be.

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Cyber Bullying is a increasing cause of suicide in young people all over the world. 

Even at 64 I am sick to death of the horrible treatment some people here are subjected to. I see all the time. 

I want to contruibe to the forum in peace but the haters here are vicious. 

Anyway that is my opinion. Everyone is having a different experience here and in life.  I respect everyone's right to speak. 

Happy New Year everyone.  

Should I vote for you? again

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 12:57 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Hope I'll survive the horror of being blocked !! :coffee1:

I want to be #81. Please, please, please.

(My ignore list ..... ZERO)

Archived