Need Some Airline Advice from Eurodudes

Nyezhov

So Im 50% sure I am flying into Europe from here, probably Frankfurt but Im looking for a deal regardless.

I need to fly into Boston if I come that way so I can go to the pot shop and stock up for the summer. That means out of Blighty, Norwegian Air, cheap.

In the USA, if you want to go from say Boston to NYC there are commuter flights every day. I have been watching skyscanner and there are some cheap intercity flights, like say Vienna to London is less than $20 on Easy Jet.

Are those regular flights then? Do you need to make resetvations waaaay in advance? Are there any airlines to avoid? It looks like planes sometimes are cheaper than trains.

In Europe, 20$ seats are on regular flights, BUT there are only 4 or 5 such seats per flight, purely for marketing purposes. When those are taken, prices go up to 50, 100, 200 and more

Oh, and on 20$ flights you pay extra for luggage, food  water, seat reservation etc.. 

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

So like air asia or southwest in the US

Can't tell whether Easyjet or Ryanair are more inventive with extra fees.

Ryanair boss once suggested a fee for visiting toilet on board.

Was later labeled as a joke.

Not so sure :whistling:

If you travel light and book weeks/months in advance there are amazing deals on offer.

Sometimes the parking-fee in the airport when leaving for a 2 week trip, is higher than the round-trip flight cost.

My brother recently flew Brussels - Venice round trip for less than 40 US $.

Especially RyanAir often offered really incredible cheap tickets, but they had a reputation of charging you for everything else but the flight.  But if you did it exactly according to the book flying with them was way cheaper than any other transportation mode.  

And now that they are a reputed player with a considerable market-share, they are actually more lenient on the extras and mainly try to get their flights fully booked.

Archived