Help for condo

4 minutes ago, Tonyfarang said:

Many thanks for your answer

I'm not sure if it's asbestos (which currently in other countries is forbidden as cancerous) having amianthus inside..

I have photo please see.. and kindly let me know..

I'm very sad with all this I don't know what to do 

Many thanks to all !

Screenshot_20191229-194931_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191229-194925_Gallery.jpg

20191229_181951.jpg

20191229_181945.jpg

the only way to be sure is to have it tested. i would assume it does. not a problem unless it breaks or gets disturbed. it looks similar to what is used everywhere. some western countries have only banned it's use for the last 20 years. it varies a great deal . there's worse in the air walking up beach or 2nd road.

2 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Obviously you still don't understand

i said to you already to stop to think about buy a condo here

and it's better for you to rent!!!

What you don't understand in this sentence?

That was my last try to help

if you don't get it

i let someone else give it a try

Yes I clearly got it. The thing is what I'm doing now... 

But to add.. I understand you're totally negative with all the idea of buy condo in Thailand.. I'd like to know why but it's not for the time.. my stress is what I'm doing now 

Edited by Tonyfarang
Add

19 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

As you said yourself you have no time to do anything now

your flight is tomorrow.

Next time take just enough money to pay a rent for a condo in the area

if you stay for some months or an hotel if you stay only few days.

Enjoy your stay and keep your money for your pleasure.

You are not the good one who can invest here, Only few very food and wise

investissors are able to do money in Pattaya, or at least to not lost it

all the others, you included. lose big amounts of money on a regular basis.

No stress man, you have just lost 1500 euros this time because of some stupids mistakes.

Next time think more before to act and take your time, at least 4 or 5 days before to act, particularly when you want to do something important. And ask for advices BEFORE to do something silly.

And at least read the forum, you have a big part on the condos in the real estate forum

with a lot of advices and experiences, bad and good.

Your experienceis a bad one. don't do it again if you care of your money.

But if you love to put your money in a bin , don't listen to me and

don't change anything, it's perfect.

I wish you a happy new year

You're great mate many thanks really

I'm extremely sad for this loss.. 

And stupid thing I did 

I can't even enjoy my last day here sitting alone in the beach extremely sad.

I believe if I call tomorrow and tell her I need to send back money etc she will ask me sign something else that inown the money..so it's useless.. better a fair approach that the asbestos is dangerous etc and she didn't tell me of no roof etc...

What you think 

55 minutes ago, Tonyfarang said:

And stupid thing I did 

I believe if I call tomorrow and tell her I need to send back money etc she will ask me sign something else that inown the money..so it's useless.. better a fair approach that the asbestos is dangerous etc and she didn't tell me of no roof etc...

What you think 

55 minutes ago, Tonyfarang said:

And stupid thing I did 

What you think 

just a last post from me.

yes walk.

studying the photos again, it looks as this condo may have been 'added' on the top of the original roof. your roof is normally for an outside area, or for outbuildings. not normal for houses or especially condos. they tend to leak also. this would explain as well the strange layout. probably been or will be on the market for a long time. i think KotM's opinion on its real value is valid. 

put this down to experience. next time get a 'buddy' to view with you. 

or ask on here for advice/ opinions before deposit paid next time.....

good luck

ps. your deposit has probably been kept for agents fees by the agent. don't expect it back. sorry

Edited by jastheace
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

Obviously you still don't understand

i said to you already to stop to think about buy a condo here

and it's better for you to rent!!!

What you don't understand in this sentence?

That was my last try to help

if you don't get it

i let someone else give it 

I don't know why I get this quote here..

Anyway 

Yes but it seems like they lied me.. 

And I don't believe that the sqm are as mentioned also..

So in this case can't I tell them that if they dont refund at least a part or 50% I'll take legal action? And I can find a great lawyer and chase them... Because they sell me as you say something not condo but changed etc.

What do you think 

1 hour ago, jastheace said:

just a last post from me.

yes walk.

studying the photos again, it looks as this condo may have been 'added' on the top of the original roof. your roof is normally for an outside area, or for outbuildings. not normal for houses or especially condos. they tend to leak also. this would explain as well the strange layout. probably been or will be on the market for a long time. i think KotM's opinion on its real value is valid. 

put this down to experience. next time get a 'buddy' to view with you. 

or ask on here for advice/ opinions before deposit paid next time.....

good luck

ps. your deposit has probably been kept for agents fees by the agent. don't expect it back. sorry

In Spanish Place many have this design. Look on Hipflat

10 hours ago, Tonyfarang said:

Some photos to evaluate...

What do you think gents?

Thank you !!

Screenshot_20191230-002208_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191230-002156_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191230-002128_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191230-002029_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191230-002008_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for the photos.  It does not look bad to me.  Looks like a nice, neutral floor tile--I've seen much worse.  It's not showing well because of the cheap dining set, bad sofa and bad refrigerator.  You already have a working kitchen that doesn't look bad.  

I'd throw out the sofa, refrigerator, microwave, dining set, and sofa.  Buy a new microwave and put it on the cabinet by the mirror.  Buy a new, 2 door refrigerator with a proper freezer compartment--those 1 door refrigerators are horrible.  Clear out all the junk under the aircon. Splurge on a new sofa--maybe a 2 seat electric recliner sofa--and a nicer dining set for 2 with more comfortable chairs.  You don't need a lot of furniture so go for good quality and comfort.  Change the ceiling lighting--which looks mismatched.  New window drapes--splurge there, too, and consider wallpapering the walls in a nice, neutral texture.

I think you could make this a perfectly comfortable part-time place to have for your use while you are here.  Just needs some upgrades to everything and they can be done as you have tine and money.

1 hour ago, newnative said:

Thanks for the photos.  It does not look bad to me.  Looks like a nice, neutral floor tile--I've seen much worse.  It's not showing well because of the cheap dining set, bad sofa and bad refrigerator.  You already have a working kitchen that doesn't look bad.  

I'd throw out the sofa, refrigerator, microwave, dining set, and sofa.  Buy a new microwave and put it on the cabinet by the mirror.  Buy a new, 2 door refrigerator with a proper freezer compartment--those 1 door refrigerators are horrible.  Clear out all the junk under the aircon. Splurge on a new sofa--maybe a 2 seat electric recliner sofa--and a nicer dining set for 2 with more comfortable chairs.  You don't need a lot of furniture so go for good quality and comfort.  Change the ceiling lighting--which looks mismatched.  New window drapes--splurge there, too, and consider wallpapering the walls in a nice, neutral texture.

I think you could make this a perfectly comfortable part-time place to have for your use while you are here.  Just needs some upgrades to everything and they can be done as you have tine and money.

Oh really?

do you think this one worth the 750 000 for a 28m2 sh... hole?

it's on the 5 and last floor and there is not elevator as writed in his first post

''I found a cheap condo around 28 SQM in not good state and old building (similar and near to nirun).. building has no elevator and appartment offered for 750k''

For the same price you have a 38 SQM in perfect condition in Pattaya plaza condotel 1

and at least you have an elevator and a place to put your bed, not a kind of mezzanine

where you can just throw a mattress on the ground

Anyway the rents in the area are 5000\6000 month so i recommand to him to not buy

first he is in the city only few days\year and he doesn't sound like a very wise ''investissor''. To buy a condo, especially in Pattaya, is not for everyone, there is

a scam at every corner but i am sure you know it already.

Edited by kingofthemountain

Tony, I've known people who've bought condos in Pattaya that they wish they'd never set eyes upon and have had to sell 'em at rock bottom prices to get anything back at all. You won't be in Pattaya much so you won't be in control.

If you're only rarely going to be in it you're going to get non stop headaches and stress especially with maintenance issues.

I'd forget the deposit and put it down to experience and just rent a hotel room for the few days you're in Pattaya. There are lots of cheap hotels within walking distance of places like the Made in Thailand complex, Soi Bukhaow and LKM where the action is while Nirum is quite a way from any decent entertainment centre.

Your condo is too dear at the price and you might never be able to sell it for what you're paying. You'd probably lose more than the 50K TB you've already said goodbye to. 

Whoever first coined the phrase 'Rent Don't Buy' when it came to property in Pattaya was bang on the nail if you're only going to be a temporary resident.

And who knows what's round the corner for us falangs if the government want to make things any more awkward us than they already have. We falangs mean nothing to them and it seems that they don't really want us here unless it's just for a normal holiday of 30 days or less.

"Come to the Land of Smiles, blow your money and then clear off. We've got big spending Chinese and Indians ready and waiting to take your place!".

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

Tony, I've known people who've bought condos in Pattaya that they wish they'd never set eyes upon and have had to sell 'em at rock bottom prices to get anything back at all. You won't be in Pattaya much so you won't be in control.

If you're only rarely going to be in it you're going to get non stop headaches and stress especially with maintenance issues.

I'd forget the deposit and put it down to experience and just rent a hotel room for the few days you're in Pattaya. There are lots of cheap hotels within walking distance of places like the Made in Thailand complex, Soi Bukhaow and LKM where the action is while Nirum is quite a way from any decent entertainment centre.

Your condo is too dear at the price and you might never be able to sell it for what you're paying. You'd probably lose more than the 50K TB you've already said goodbye to. 

Whoever first coined the phrase 'Rent Don't Buy' when it came to property in Pattaya was bang on the nail if you're only going to be a temporary resident.

And who knows what's round the corner for us falangs if the government want to make things any more awkward us than they already have. We falangs mean nothing to them and it seems that they don't really want us here unless it's just for a normal holiday of 30 days or less.

"Come to the Land of Smiles, blow your money and then clear off. We've got big spending Chinese and Indians ready and waiting to take your place!".

Agree but if we all move out then economy wil be screwed up... And honestly with the THB at 32 we should have done it already... There are other cheaper options then thailand.. but unfortunately..it's in our blood now.. hahaha

According to @newnative it's ok.. guys I spoke with the agent also.. she said she will arrange with the seller to get back the 40k from the 50k I payed.. I told her that's great and to keep the 15k for her and return me the 25k. Fair approach. And very kind and pro of her.

Also she insisted that it's a great condo and in good price. 

For me the problem is not if I pay 3 4 k USD more but if it really worths.

As for the other I read about Pattaya condotel I assume these are all theories.

Can I buy this now at this price and nice floor etc? Or we are discussing for a theoretical sale?

Because I researched on sites a lot and found nothing now at this price...many thanks to all

Tony you've had a good result with the refund.

I would forget buying anything till you know more about your surroundings and have spent a lot of time in the town. Give it at least a year after having spent several months looking around.

And check the private sales not the agents.

You've only got to have noisy or unpleasant neighbours and your life could be hell. Those cheaper Condo blocks attract noisy headbangers.

Rent Don't Buy.      

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tonyfarang said:

Agree but if we all move out then economy wil be screwed up..

Why on earth do you worry for the Thai economy? Does Thailand is worrying in anyway 

about your own economy? For example what about the sh...y exchange rate euro\bath?

According to @newnative it's ok.

so he is ok to buy it at this price? I don't think so!

guys I spoke with the agent also.. she said she will arrange with the seller to get back the 40k from the 50k I payed.. I told her that's great and to keep the 15k for her and return me the 25k. Fair approach. And very kind and pro of her.

It's a great news, honestly you can consider yourself as very lucky

don't try to test again your chance here, you have already used your capital on one ''roll the dice''!

She knows you are not anymore in Thailand tonight? It could be only words to

save time and avoid problems at the moment (Pure thai style) and she hopes

when you are back (In some months?) everything is forgiven and\or forgotten

or finally the seller was not agree to return the money (Why she needs to do

it anyway? she has a contract given this right and you have signed it)

I hope for you i am wrong, unfortunely my experiences are not in your favor

usualy the flux of money is only in one way here, from the Farangs to the Thais

Also she insisted that it's a great condo and in good price.

Of course, it's her job. You can still propose the bargain to Newnative if he is intersted 

For me the problem is not if I pay 3 4 k USD more but if it really worths.

You still don't get it obviously

for you THE problem is you are not the one who need to buy a condo in Pattaya

how many time i have to write it?

As for the other I read about Pattaya condotel I assume these are all theories.

Can I buy this now at this price and nice floor etc? Or we are discussing for a theoretical sale?

Because I researched on sites a lot and found nothing now at this price...

It's not a theorie, it's real. But since you don't know how and where to search

you can't find it, and as i said it's better like this for your interest, DON'T BUY HERE !!

many thanks to all

you are welcome

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Tonyfarang said:

I don't know why I get this quote here..

Anyway 

Yes but it seems like they lied me.. 

And I don't believe that the sqm are as mentioned also..

So in this case can't I tell them that if they dont refund at least a part or 50% I'll take legal action? And I can find a great lawyer and chase them... Because they sell me as you say something not condo but changed etc.

What do you think 

I think the 1500 would not be enough to pay lawyer even , and no chance to win , consider it as a lesson , check https://www.bahtsold.com/quicksearch2?c=11&ca=88&pr_from=0&pr_to=3000000&top=0&s=

search option for money range ,many different prices low and high , and be sure you can get them now for at least 10% to 15% lower , don't pay deposit and surely not to an agent as most time they pepped up the price ….and put it for own pocket extra 

26 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Why on earth do you worry for the Thai economy? Does Thailand is worrying in anyway 

about your own economy? For example what about the sh...y exchange rate euro\bath?

so he is ok to buy it at this price? I don't think so!

It's a great news, honestly you can consider yourself as very lucky

don't try to test again your chance here, you have already used your capital on one ''roll the dice''!

She knows you are not anymore in Thailand tonight? It could be only words to

save time and avoid problems at the moment (Pure thai style) and she hopes

when you are back (In some months?) everything is forgiven and\or forgotten

or finally the seller was not agree to return the money (Why she needs to do

it anyway? she has a contract given this right and you have signed it)

I hope for you i am wrong, unfortunely my experiences are not in your favor

usualy the flux of money is only in one way here, from the Farangs to the Thais

Of course, it's her job. You can still propose the bargain to Newnative if he is intersted 

You still don't get it obviously

for you THE problem is you are not the one who need to buy a condo in Pattaya

how many time i have to write it?

It's not a theorie, it's real. But since you don't know how and where to search

you can't find it, and as i said it's better like this for your interest, DON'T BUY HERE !!

you are welcome

"For example what about the sh...y exchange rate euro\bath?"

"the flux of money is only in one way here, from the Farangs to the Thais"

Two very important factors you mentioned there KM.

Tony, it was not that long ago that 28 square metre condos in that part of town were changing hands for 300 - 400K TB on the private market and that was when we were getting around 40% more baht for our currencies than we are now. Now is a terrible time to buy.

And it's very rare for Thais to do falangs any financial favours. Don't get too complacent till the money is in your bank.

• Thanks 1

On top of it the seller shall not  get that deposit , the sale agent shall consider it for his service , so those two go get already pi.ssed to each other .

Forget the money cancel your flight if any chance of refund , an declare yourself as deceased to them , as they might threaten you for the remaining money from sale (depending tour contract terms )

Change tel. number if possible .

another one in your price range https://www.bahtsold.com/view/studio-38-sqm-hagone-condotel-381727  570K for one , but he has 2 side but side if wanted 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

Gents thank you all for your help. I'd love to meet you in person during my next trip.

The agent said she deposited me the half amount back (25K) as the seller have her back the 40k of 50k i payed and I personally asked the agent to keep the 15k for all her help and honesty on this, as it was also my fault buying so fast without even searching.. fair enough I believe.. we have to be fair in our life and accept our mistakes.  

So if hopefully I see the 25k (till I see them coming you never know) that will be a ..happy ending and next time I'm doing nothing without your precious help.

I'd like to thank you all and to wish you a happy new year in the land of smiles with all the health and happiness you dream of..

Happy new year gents and thanks once again for your time and precious help!

• Thanks 1

Hi Gents,

to update. The agent indeed deposited the 25K, I've seen them to my account. Congrats to her, rare & fair people still exist!

I will definetelly work with them to buy something when the THB will get back to 56, and @kingofthemountain will approve ????

Hundreds of thanks to all of you guys and hope to meet you in person!

Happy new year also!

TonyFarang

3 minutes ago, Tonyfarang said:

Hi Gents,

to update. The agent indeed deposited the 25K, I've seen them to my account. Congrats to her, rare & fair people still exist!

I will definetelly work with them to buy something when the THB will get back to 56, and @kingofthemountain will approve ????

Hundreds of thanks to all of you guys and hope to meet you in person!

Happy new year also!

TonyFarang

haha no problem

you are welcome

thank you and happy new year to you too

56 bahts for 1 euro. i feel rejuvenated, i vote for ????

i will be more than happy even with 50

the good old time...