Divorce

roadie

Thanks for your comments.They are appreciated

I am however rather confused as to whether to get a quick divorce or to wait as long as possible until she decides to come after me in the UK

I have had advice from someone who was studying law a few years ago ,who thought that it would be best to divorce her here in Uk on the grounds of Unreasonable behaviour.(Not wishing to live with me in the UK) He was fairly positive that the court would see it as a clean break and that would free me of any liability .

I would prefer the quick trip to the amphur and a divorce in Thailand.Surely if you are legally married in Thailand you can be legally divorced in Thailand.Nonetheless the most important part is to whether the lady can then claim assets in the English courts afterwards.

I am sure you can go to three different solicitors and get three different views.

Shame that ,for me it is such a life changing decision on how to proceed,otherwise it would make for an interesting discussion.

H

Whereabouts do you live in UK?

Some areas - Hertfordshire for one - have a 'simple' form of divorce that is supposed to keep the costs down and speed up the process. Talk to your CAB (Citizens Advice Bureau) first, then go to see a ###### good lawyer for a preliminary discussion.

Then write down all you have in 'pro' and 'con' columns, see if it helps you to decide. There are too many embittered old men here (myself included) who have been through the UK divorce courts.

(Maybe some are still in their twenties, but they are 'embittered old men' in this context :o )

I am however rather confused as to whether to get a quick divorce or to wait as long as possible until she decides to come after me in the UK

Go for the divorce in Thailand without delay if she is agreeable to this.

If she does try to come after you at a later stage you will have proof that at the time of Thai divorce you were both happy to go your separate ways without major financial consideration.

It will be seen that she has turned bitter or greedy if she tries to follow you at a later stage.

If you decide to wait for her to come after you, then you will not sleep comfortable wondering when she will decide to divorce you.

Chok dii,

Have a Happy,

DeDanan

• 2 weeks later...

hi there, i am new to this forum so please excuse my prose.

I live in uk and know thai girls here, they seem to behave in exactly the same way here as you say they behave in thailand.

does seem to me that most of you have suffered one way or another, are they all that BAD?