New Year’s Reminder

Brightly

Retail establishments go plastic bag- free on January 1st.

So get out those cloth bags (or buy/make some), and give our host country a bit of praise for doing something positive.

I know this will invite all the perfunctory, disgruntled TV snark remarks, but please...

Just don’t.

Happy 2020 all!

1 minute ago, Beggar said:

The last chance to get as many plastic bags as possible. Use this opportunity! It will change my shopping behavior completely next year and I will save a lot of money by just buying what I really need and what fits into my rucksack. 

Just buy online , gave up the hassle that goes with supermarkets years ago

'Daiso' sells, large nylon shopping bags that fold up into the size of a pack of cigarettes.

I carry a couple of them under the seat on my motorbike, and another in my shoulder bag. While I still buy plastic bags for the trash, I shop for food daily. Instead of going through 6-10 plastic bags each week, I only need one or two. Every little bit helps.

Trash2.jpg

They stopped previously at Rimping too, then had some carton boxes in case of emergency instead. They stop soon enough after customers complained and now handing them out again freely. I doubt 7/11 will really stop with plastic bags but at least it could be a bit less than before. 

I think it is also funny everyone is focused on stopping to use plastic bags while it is all about properly dealing with waste instead. 
The use of plastic does not have to be a problem. 

5 hours ago, madmen said:

Just buy online , gave up the hassle that goes with supermarkets years ago

Today I went shopping at Tops here in Central Pattaya to get the last plastic bags ever. What I did not take into account was that today is Tuesday - the plastic bag free weekday at Tops. So no plastic bags anymore. I had tears in my eyes... 

d334d440c2fa82bbf39f01d82cbc226d.jpg

They will simply sell the biodegradable carriers like Makro have been doing for years and make money selling them and savi g money not giving them out. Win win

However lots of bags still going to be needed for all your loose fruits, meats and veggies

Archived