Blast from the Past - 60's, 70's, 80's Music (2020)

CharlieH

6 minutes ago, bannork said:

That opening riff reminds me of the beginning of 'Twist and Shout'.

Interesting . . . I missed that but upon replaying it you're right.  I thought it was grand that in those days artists could freely do covers, or perhaps even take riffs from other artists' songs.

4 minutes ago, bannork said:

We've had some wonderful rain lately.

We had rain here a few days ago.  I love the rain as it seems to bring relief from hot weather (if only temporarily) 99% of the time.  That rain fell into the 1% category.  It was still hot but now humid as h3ll on top of it afterwards.

Wow, we lost another great one.  This calls for posting one of my favorite John Prine songs, Sam Stone, off of his self-titled '71 debut.  The lyrics are incredible . . . and sad as they're true for so many Vietnam vets.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2020 at 5:19 AM, spidermike007 said:

he 1980's. Alot of amazing music. New Order. Depeche Mode. Tears for Fears. The Cure. The Eurythmics, Prince, Cameo, Bowie, Journey, Peter Gabriel, Genesis, Human League, Talking Heads, Simple Minds, Billy Idol, Joe Jackson, Pet shop boys, Fine young cannibals, the Clash, Chaka Khan, The Smiths, Kate Bush, Rick James, Public Enemy, Eric B & Rakim, LL Cool J, Boogie Down Productions, NWA, the Beastie Boys, De la soul, Biz Markie, Big daddy Kane, Cool moe dee, Queen Latifah

You forgot Fiction Factory, but they remain a one hit wonder with Feels Like Heaven,  it ended up as a great classic.

• Like 2