Why are more & more expats leaving Thailand?

RyanWalker

1 minute ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Yeah, some of the bar girls are also past their sell by date. Yet they still think we are going to pay em 3000 for a short time. I predict a wake up call is coming for the Thais.

Haha.. Yes for sure! Vietnam us racking up the expats these days. Visas much easier, cheap cost of living etc

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, amykat said:

My comment was to Danny, who has repeatedly made this comment regarding Americans, as if he even knows who all the Americans are on the forum.  I am sure the numbers of Americans are not 5 times MORE in Thailand, however I was making a point dude!!

I believe I heard the word "dude" sometime long ago in a movie.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

but just as Flo and Eddie sang (paraphrased) but they were 'so happy together' 

(saw them with Frank in Detroit in '73)

WOOOOOW - Soul Mates - I saw them and Zappa in Brussels in '72 I think.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, amykat said:

Since there are approximately 5 times more Americans in the world than Brits, if there are 5 times as many threads, for any one complaint, that would just make us equal on the face of it ...but you seem to keep wanting to point out something else??

There are not 5 times more American expats in Thailand than Brits, there are more Brits actually.

OK. I'll spell it out. The reason that TI asked all embassies to provide adequate verification was because, unlike the British Embassy, the US embassy carried out zero verification. TI became aware that many American expats were gaming the system and TI only really wanted the US embassy to up their game, This is born out by the fact that prior to the letters being withdrawn, US citizens, and only US citizens, began to be asked for backup documentation for their income affidavits when applying for extensions at certain IOs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Stop making things up, no one has whinged or complained about their mums not wanting them back in their homes.

I know that you are referring to me, but thats just your imagination working overtime and nothing to do with the reality

QUOTE 1: I know that you are referring to me,

QUOTE 2: but thats just your imagination working overtime and nothing to do with the reality

I have nothing further to add.

15 minutes ago, Bjrda77 said:

I'm Thai and have properties in the EEC and Pattaya. I want the gov't to make the east coast a better place for the future.

What happened to your farang husband?

BTW. There hasn't been an "EEC" for many years.

Edited by DannyCarlton

2 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

QUOTE 1: I know that you are referring to me,

QUOTE 2: but thats just your imagination working overtime and nothing to do with the reality

I have nothing further to add.

If you have nothing to add, theres no point in posting such .

Just dont add anything without the need to post that you arent adding anything !!!!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, amykat said:

Oh well that explains it ....I thought you were living in the country with Thais who told you all of this and were new here.

Do you really think, for example, that your government is shipping home the bodies of broke dead people???  Just to be nice??

Yes, here is one of them.

https://onemileatatime.com/thailand-mandatory-insurance-fee-tourists/

8 minutes ago, tabarin said:

Longer term vision I and most people I know will return to Europe, most likely buy a nice house in Portugal or Spain. Better quality etc etc, same money.

Which brings me to the question of residency there. As I understand it, we have until the end of 2020 to obtain residency within any EU country. Anyone know where we can find more info?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bjrda77 said:

Well you have to read between the lines.  Thai tour operators are sometimes responsible for killing tourists.  Or there are possibly other situations where a foreigner dies here as a result of a crime or traffic, and Thailand picks up the cost because they are insured, or due money from a victim fund, or the government is embarrassed or something.  This is not happening when an old expat dies here and has no money and the family, he does not have, according to you, wants his body back??  So Thailand to be nice, just pays for that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Which brings me to the question of residency there. As I understand it, we have until the end of 2020 to obtain residency within any EU country. Anyone know where we can find more info?

At your request

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/30/brexit-10-things-uk-citizens-can-still-do-in-eu-after-31-january

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Yeah, some of the bar girls are also past their sell by date. Yet they still think we are going to pay em 3000 for a short time. I predict a wake up call is coming for the Thais.

It is insane isn't it? You would think they became at least smart enough to lower their prices, as nobody is taking them. Many are fat as well.
I wouldn't take them if they paid me, well.... maybe if I am drunk enough for 3K just quickly. 

For less than 2K you can get some very very pretty Bulgarian girls in Varna (beach town) too.
But seems they try to get the 3K once a month aside of a minimum bar salary (if any) and the few drinks they still collect. Lazy and easy money.

Edited by tabarin
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, sanemax said:

If you have nothing to add, theres no point in posting such .

Just dont add anything without the need to post that you arent adding anything !!!!!!

Yes I should have known my reply would get straight over your head.

5 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Yes I should have known my reply would get straight over your head.

No, I did understand your reply .

You were making a clear reference to me, without mentioning me and then when I replied, you pretended that you werent actually referring to me .

Quite deceptive and dishonest from you .

Like speaking behind peoples backs loudly and then saying* Nooo, I werent talking about you*, when you quite clearly were 

• Haha 1