Why are more & more expats leaving Thailand?

RyanWalker

3 hours ago, RyanWalker said:

Correct. Thailand was good to me 10 years ago but for now can not make money in Thailand as an expat unless you are set up somehow. In China making 5 times more already within a couple of months.

5 times more than what?

I thought you said you didn't pay tax in Thailand, so what income are you referring to?

38 minutes ago, tabarin said:

Disagree, I can not proof my income as the embassy only clears income from the home country. For smaller business people it is quite hard.
Also note that in business you might get a big amount one month, followed by none the next month and then again some payment the month after that. 

Then you clearly never did comply. 65k baht monthly income was always the rule. With the British Embassy you had to provide documentary evidence of this and th source was indicated on your embassy letter.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

Then you clearly never did comply. 65k baht monthly income was always the rule. With the British Embassy you had to provide documentary evidence of this and th source was indicated on your embassy letter.

It is 40K a month for marriage / child, I did not have to comply before as visas were a non issue / I spend quite some time abroad in each year before too.
I would also not live here anymore if no child, long gone. I can comply if going trough nonsense and setting up a company back home without any other purpose, wasting money along the process every month. Only in case of emergency and no other solutions, I would do that.

But it is stupid in the first place that it is so difficult / not available, for a biological parent to obtain a long stay visa of let's say a year.
Specially when they are under 18 or more precise, newborn. It takes another 22 years before I even hit 50 so forget about that.

Edited by tabarin

On 1/2/2020 at 2:20 PM, DannyCarlton said:

I must respond. I have had a beautiful English wife for over 30 years. The reason that we are no longer together is totally down to me. My best friend, who visits Thailand regularly, currently is sexually active with 2 girlfriends in the UK.

Some Westerners spend large amounts in Thailand to have sex here. The usual reason for that is that Western women wouldn't look at them. Don't blame Western women, look in the mirror.

Too simplistic.

My first, Western, partner took me for everything. A common tale.

I never found another western woman I had any interest in romantically.

Should I therefore be denied sex for the rest of my life?

I do blame western women for rigging the system to be able to take men for everything. Western society is not equal.